thirty-one - "Let's watch the kingdom fall apart."

Yeonbyul sat on the balcony, her mind filled with thoughts of the consequences Heeseung would give her when he finds out she murdered his lover's father. The dark sky wasn't helping, in fact, it even invited thunder and lightning, signalling that it will rain.

Her hands were still trembling from what happened earlier and she wanted to isolate herself from everyone. Jake opened the sliding door and put down a cup of coffee in front of her.

"I need you to calm down. I'll hire a person to make sure there were no witnesses around there."

"What are you going to do if there are witnesses?" She asked. He sighed and drank his coffee before saying, "We have to get rid of them."

Her eyes widened, "You're going to kill them?"

"The plan has started, Yeonbyul. The game is on for real now. If we don't do anything, Haesun would beat you and probably harm you more. Sunghoon and I planned to get rid of Mr Kim but you did it first so our plan is easier now."

"And what? You're going to kill Haesun?" She looked away.

"I was thinking of something else–"

"I'm not killing anyone, Jake. It's bad enough that I killed a person. I thought we're gonna go with a different way to bring them down. Put them in jail or something."

"That won't work. Mr Kim and Haesun have connections. Even if they were sentenced to jail for life, they could easily figure a way out. They have the money, connections and power. If we're going to bring them down, we need to do it properly."

She shook her head slowly as she closed her eyes, still in disbelief. Yes, she wanted to bring them down. But she never imagined she would be a murderer. Mr Kim's scream still haunts her and she wanted it gone.

"I know you're still in shock. But as long as Heeseung doesn't find out, you must remain calm. We need to prepare to go to the North for the coronation. By then, I want you to remain your composed expression and change the topic or deny it whenever your husband asks about this. Understand?"

She nodded and wiped her tears before drinking her coffee. Thunder and lightning appeared as if it was announcing the plan of revenge has started. That was when she knew, she had to be strong and not show her weak self towards her enemy. Kim Haesun.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

Three more days left before the North Kingdom coronation. Yeonbyul put on her dress and watched as Hanseo and Ms Han packed her things and putting them into the suitcases. She dusted her dress off before stepping out of her room.

"Did anyone call me or try to contact me?" She asked as she wore her hat. Ms Han lowered her gaze before answering, "His Majesty, King Jake called and asked about your time of arrival."

"Tell him to just wait. As usual, I would have to wait for a few hours for Haesun to get ready. I don't understand why Heeseung needs to bring that woman to the North."

Hanseo gulped as she watched the Queen left her headquarters. She noticed that Yeonbyul had been acting strange lately ever since she got back from the night stroll. She chose not to ask anything about it and just let it be.

Yeonbyul stopped walking when she saw Haesun approaching her in a sleeveless short dress. The Queen looked away to hide her laugh, "It is almost winter and it will get cold especially in the North. Are you sure that's a suitable attire? We're going there for a coronation, not a strip club."