𝖛. Ghost Recon

It's not that Kathryn is upset

It's not that Kathryn is upset. She's not. But the way Kie keeps treating Billy is either getting on her nerves or worrying her, and neither of those is good for Kathryn's very, very debatable way of showing emotions.

"Billy's a nice girl," she says, sitting back in her seat.

Kie, on the driver seat of her parents' truck, nods as she makes a face. "I'm sure she is."

"Give her a chance then." It's not really a proposition. There's a sort of underlying threat in her words.

She sighs. "Look, I just already know it's not going to end well–"

"Why? Seriously, why. Billy is smart and she's kind and she has those dimples that are very cute..."

JJ side-eyes her. "Are you coming out?"

"I'm pansexual," she answers flatly. "I'm also not into Billy, but she's genuinely a nice person–"

Kie shrugs. "She's just a Sarah Cameron wannabe... I don't like that."

"What?" Kathryn blinks at her friend. "She doesn't even know Sarah."

"Look, could we just drop the subject?"

Sarah is alive, yes. That doesn't mean her death didn't have an impact. Of everyone, Kathryn should understand that. And maybe she does, because she drops the subject quickly. Billy and Sarah are different in her eyes, but for Kie, who seems to see her in everything, the difference is not so easily made.

"So, like, back to the pilot," Pope says, trying to escape the conversation they were having. "If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped."

Kathryn groans when JJ pushes her lightly off of him, taking something in his backpack. "So then direct approach gets my vote."

He cocks the gun. "This is getting tiring."

"JJ, no."

"No. What?"

"Put it down, moron!"

He scoffs a little. "Guys! We gotta keep this simple or we'll never get John B off."