𝖝𝖝𝖝𝖛. Nothing's New

Kathryn is debating stopping the truck and shoving Pope in the boot

Listen, she was very scared, when he went into anaphylactic shock. In fact, she damn near started crying and shoving and biting, but the adrenaline in his blood right now is driving him insane.

Case in point; he keeps whooping like a coyote.

"Pope, last to judge and all, but I think you should calm down a little," JJ calls from the backseat.

"Go faster Kat," Pope tells her in return. "We can't delay our arrival to the Cross. We gotta get there."

For Pope to ask her to go faster, something must be very wrong indeed. "Why is he in the front seat again?" she asks, focusing back on the road. Night has fallen, and it's a pretty passing street, which makes Pope's howling all the more distracting.

"Because I said I'd rip your ears off."

"Because he said he'd rip our ears off," Sarah agrees, sitting on John B's lap.

"I was joking about that, by the way."

"That's a really funny joke," Kie blurts out, uneasy.

"Hey, how ya feeling, buddy?" John B asks. "How ya doing?"

"Uh, fantastic." Yeah, seems like it. "I don't know what JJ's cousin gave me, but I am moving!"

To prove his point, he throws his hands up in the air, and starts swaying left to right, palms hitting the side of Kathryn's head. "That's the issue I have right now– would you just settle down?"

The car diverts to the right for a split second, Kathryn jerking out of Pope's way. JJ starts nervously pulling at his seatbelt.

"Okay, well, um, you're being really loud and hyperactive right now."

Pope nods excitedly. "Yeah, real loud!"

He takes one of Kathryn's hands, moving it in the air, everyone erupting in shouts. The car slaloms on the road, before she jerks her hand back.