Chapter 1 - Abducted

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, humans and demons lived together in harmony. It was an era of happiness. The long standing ruler of this kingdom saw that each person's life was filled with joy. This was the way of Merrispark, one of the kingdoms in the land of Goodereste. Then, one day, the sky went dark, and the Demon King arose, seeking to destabilise the peace and happiness of the human kingdoms.

Y/N: "Help! Guards! Mother, Father!"

My feet rose off the ground and out of the castle. I looked up to see that the Demon King was the one causing this.

Demon King: "Surprise, you filthy mortals! Guess what, I've captured your princess! If you want her back, surrender the rule of this kingdom to the demons!"

My eyes widened as I looked up at his maniacal face.

Y/N: "You won't get away with this!"

He laughed.

Demon King: "I. Just. Did."

He disappeared with me in his grasp. The next thing I knew, I was in a cell. The Demon King was holding my wrists tight. He pulled a bottle out of his cloak and smiled at me.

Demon King: "Evening, princess."

I just scowled at him.

Demon King: "Here, drink this."

Y/N: "I won't let you poison me! Let go of me!"

He sighed.

Demon King: "Please, where's the fun in poisoning you? You're now my hostage, so get used to this cell, princess. And if you must know, it's a sleeping potion. But you only get this one. Use it well."

He brought it up to my lips which I stubbornly sealed.

Demon King: "Now, open up."

I slowly and reluctantly did what he said. He poured some in my mouth.

Demon King: "Swallow..."

To my surprise, it tasted a little like a soft drink. I instantly felt sleepy. He threw me on the bed and left. I dreamt of my home and family. Will I ever see Merrispark again? When I woke up, I looked to see four demons staring at me through the bars.

Frankenzombie: "Hey, look, she's awake."

Goblin: "Oh, yeah. Hi there!"

I gasped and recoil back.

Minotaur: "Oh no! We scared her!"

Quilly: "We're demons, you idiot. It just what happens."

Goblin: "Didn't the Demon King say we have to report to him when she wakes up?"

Minotaur: "Yeah, he did."

Frankenzombie: "I'll do it."

He walked off. I mustered up the courage to walk over to the bars.

Minotaur: "She's coming over?"

Goblin: "Hey, shut up! I think she wants to talk to us."

Y/N: "Who are you? Where am I?"

Quilly: "We're demons and you're in the demon castle."

Y/N: "Why am I here?"

Demon King: "I'll answer that one."

Y/N: "You..."