Extra - Walking in the Air

Y/N: "Phoenix eggs, you say?"

Glow o Wisp: "Yes, your majesty."

Y/N: "What about them?"

Killer Rhino Beetle: "Well, they're very rare. None have been laid in a hundred years. They also have healing powers."

Y/N: "Wow, this is quite the occasion, isn't it? We have to make sure these eggs are well cared for and kept safe."

Glow o Wisp: "We await your orders, my queen."

Y/N: "Hm, I'd like to see what Twilight thinks about this before I-"

Suddenly the door to the throne room opened.

Y/N: "Oh, there you are. I was just talking about you. Did you hear about the new phoenix eggs?"

He took a few steps and suddenly collapsed.

Y/N: "Twilight!"

I ran up and kneel down next to him.

Y/N: "Twilight, can you hear me?! Guys, can you-"

Glow o Wisp: "Right, we'll get the demon cleric right away!"

Killer Rhino Beetle: "Be back in a jiffy!"

They left.

Y/N: "Twilight, hey, talk to me, hon."

Twilight: "Where's... my father...?"

Y/N: "Your father?"

Cleric: "Y/N, what's wrong? I came as soon as I could."

Y/N: "Grandpa, it's Twilight! He just collapsed all of a sudden."

Cleric: "Tell me, dear, did he mention his father?"

Y/N: "Uh huh."

Cleric: "I see, so it's that. Can you get him up?"

Y/N: "I don't think he can by himself."

Cleric: "I'll help you."

He helped carry him to our room. We lay him on his bed.

Y/N: "What's going on with him?"

Cleric: "He finally finished work, and his body will die unless he sleeps. But his brain is still wide awake."

Y/N: "D-die...?"

Cleric: "Of course, I can bring him back to life if he dies, but he still needs sleep."

Twilight: "The demon castle is gone— it will crumble with my last breath—"

Y/N: "Huh?"

He smiled.

Cleric: "Don't worry, he's just being dramatic. Can I leave it to you to help him fall asleep?"

Y/N: "Yes! I can do it!"

He left. I sat on the bed next to him.

Y/N: "Twilight?"

Twilight: "Princess? Is that you?"

Y/N: "Princess? Heh, you haven't called me that in a while. I'm your queen, babe."

Twilight: "Oh yeah... I remember... I married you..."

I smiled.

Y/N: "That's right."

Twilight: "Where's my father? I need my father..."

Y/T: 'Huh? He mentioned his father before.'

Y/N: "Tell me, babe, was your father the one who used to put you to sleep?"

Twilight: "Well, yeah."

Y/T: 'Heh, I see. My demon king is a daddy's boy... well that's something I can work with.'

I pulled him close, so his head was on my lap.

Twilight: "W-what are you doing?"

Y/N: "This was how my mother used to put me to sleep when I was a little girl."

I began to sing as I gently stroked his hair.

Y/N: "We're walking in the air... we're floating in the moonlit sky... the people far below are sleeping as we fly..."

Twilight: "Your voice... it's beautiful..."

I smiled.

Y/N: "We're holding very tight... and riding in the midnight blue... and finding I can fly so high above with you..."

Twilight's eyes slowly closed.

Y/N: "Far across the world... the villages go by like trees... the rivers and the hills, the forest and the streams..."

Soon, he drifted off to sleep. I continued singing as I took him off my lap, put his head on the pillow and gently pulled up the covers.

Y/N: "We're walking in the air... we're dancing in the midnight sky... and everyone who sees us greets us as we fly..."

I quietly walked to the door and open it. But I got a surprise to see half the demons in the castle were on the other side, asleep on the floor. It turns out they were listening in on my lullaby and ended up falling asleep too. I smiled and decided to go back to bed with Twilight, since a few dozen sleeping demons were blocking the door. As I lay down next to him, Twilight rolled over and wrapped me in his arms. He sleepily mumbled.

Twilight: "I love you, Y/N..."

I smiled.

Y/N: "I love you too, my demon king."

'Walking in the Air' (Nightcore) Full Song: