Chapter 6 - Down the Cliff

I woke up one morning feeling horribly fatigued.

Y/T: 'Must have sunlight... you never know how important something is until you don't have it anymore.'

I looked out my wide open window until a suspicious bright glow coming from the forest caught my eye.

Y/T: 'What is that? I bet if I can acquire it, it'll glow as brightly as the sun...... but I am a captive... never to step beyond the boundaries of the demon castle. I haven't even found the exit. This castle is a labyrinth.'

I noticed my window was wide open.

Y/T: 'Hmm... that'll work. This will require some physical skill. I'll need to change.'

I changed out of my dress into a t shirt and shorts. I tied up my hair and got ready for the decent.

Glow o' Wisp: "Demon King!! The Princess escaped through her window and is climbing down the side of the castle!"

Demon King: "WHAT DID YOU SAAAY?!?!"

I was about halfway down when I heard a voice behind me.

Demon King: "Princess!"

I gasped and turned my head to see the Demon King floating behind me.

Y/N: "Damn it... I was going to come back, I promise."

Demon King: "What are you doing?"

Y/N: "I... wanted the glowy thing."

I gestured to the bright glow in the forest. He sighed.

Demon King: "How many times do I have to tell you? Stay. In. Your. Cell. Where. Its. Safe. Now, back up you go."

I pouted and looked up to see Quilly and Minotaur at the top of the cliff with their hands out to me.

Y/N: "Fiiine..."

I climbed back up a few meters, but I somehow slipped and start falling.

Quilly & Minotaur: "PRINCESS!!"

The Demon King caught me. I cried.

Demon King: "It's alright... I've got you-"

Y/N: "AHW!!"

Demon King: "Oh geez-"

He looked at his hand and saw blood.

Demon King: "GET DOC AND THE OTHERS RIGHT AWAY!!"

Quilly & Minotaur: "Yes, sire!!"

It turns out, when I slipped I got caught on one of the sharper rocks sticking out. The demon king took me back into the castle and in a chamber where four demons were waiting.

Cleric: "What happened, my liege?!"

Demon King: "I don't know! She was climbing back up the cliff, she fell, I caught her and the next thing I knew was blood!"

Doc Anteater: "Put her down here."

The demon king gently sat you down on a chair. Doc Anteater lifted up your shirt to see a gash on my stomach where the rock caught me.

Cursed Dentist: "It's deep."

Demon King: "Please... just heal her."

Y/N: "It... hurts!"

I was still crying from the pain

Cleric: "I know, dear. We'll make it better."

He held my hand. After about an hour of cleaning, stitching, and bandaging the wound, it was done. I was still a little sleepy from the anaesthesia, so the Demon King carried me back to my cell.

Demon King: "You dummy dumb. This is why I tell you to stay in your cell."

Y/N: "...... I'm sorry..."

Demon King: "Just because your my hostage, doesn't mean I don't care about you. So follow the rules, and you will be safe."

I nodded slowly.

Y/N: "Thanks... for catching me..."

He smiled.

Demon King: "Of course. What did you want the glowy thing for anyway?"

Y/N: "It shined as bright as the sun. Humans need sunlight to function. But it's always night here."

Demon King: "I see..."

He laid me down on my bed and gently pulled the covers over me.

Demon King: "Get some sleep, princess."

Y/N: "Kay..."

When I woke up, I was surprised to see a sword tied to the low bars on my window. It shined as bright as the sun.

Y/T: 'Huh? Is this...'

I looked out my window into the forest. The glow was gone.

Y/T: 'This is what was making that glow? How did it get here?'

I turned to see the Demon King standing in my cell. His cheeks were pink, and he wasn't looking at me. I smiled and hugged him.

Y/N: "Thank you."

Demon King: "M-my pleasure..."