v.

Bonnie had a field that needed attending.

Bonnie had found her meaning in life was to educate, to learn, and to grow.

The semi-immortal witch, the fallen god, was the first cottagecore icon. 

She spent centuries cultivating her mind, she learned side by side with Athena and she taught the humans what she knew.

She spent days at a time in the Library of Alexandria reading and writing many of the books that littered it's walls.

But she was happiest when she was farming her land and watching as myths unfolded all around her.

She watched the births of Ares, Hephaestus, Athena and Hermes and she had helped deliver Dionysus, Apollo, and Artemis.

She watched Hades and Persephone fall in love. She had been the one to marry them, too.

She watched Athena save Medusa from Poseidon and bless her so that no man would ever be able to hurt her again. Bonnie found herself visiting the gorgon often, the two women chatting about any and everything.

Bonnie witnessed Arachne challenge Athena.

She watched Orpheus's and Eurydice's tragedy unfold before her eyes, she had tried to play a role in it too but...it would seem the lovers were destined for tragedy.

She witnessed Heracles, and his ego, undertake his twelve labors.

She watched the births of monsters and heroes...and she watched many of their deaths too.

But none...none had hurt more than the story of Achilles. She had raised Achilles with Thetis and she had tried desperately to change his fate...but she failed nonetheless.

It wasn't all pain though...there was some happiness too, no matter how fleeting she saw it all. She witnessed the love between Theseus and the Minotaur bloom. And the love between Achilles and Patroclus. 

And Bonnie too...had personally known love...and she had tasted it's bitter tears.

She had loved countless times in her many years of a semi-immortal life...but she had not fallen in love...until she met Thetis. Their love was pure and glorious...and it ended when upon the death of their son (adopted in Bonnie's case)...Thetis took her own life.

Bonnie was suffering and alone and she grieved...but what is grief if not love persevering?

And so for a long time Bonnie stepped away from the world of man and returned to her farm where she learned and taught and grew.