viii.

Bonnie, now going by the name Estrid, got used to her life as a Viking fairly quickly. She lived a happy life; she went to war, she travelled, she served a king, she fell in love, she married, she farmed, and she built boats...and then she met Mikael.

They met on the battlefield, the two of them soaked in the blood of their enemies for a moment they confused each other as on opposite sides of the battle. They had their swords pointed at each other when Bonnie recognized those eyes...Rebekah's eyes.

Laughing, Bonnie sheathed her blade and introduced herself.

Together the duo returned to their king and told him of their victory.

Bonnie introduced Mikael to her husband, Floki Vilgerðarson, and he stayed with them at their home for a while. The husband and wife taught the warrior the importance of trickery and fun and the art of boat-making.

One particular morning Bonnie, sitting at the edge of the water at the bottom of the hill of their house, was joined by Mikael.

"I envy you," He spoke, "I envy the life you've built."

"You will have a life like this," Bonnie promised, "You will have love and a home, you will be happy."

"How do you know?" Mikael asked.

"I just do," Bonnie mustered up a smile, "Here," She unsheathed her blade, the sword glittering in the light of the rising sun, the golden hilt shimmering, "It's name is 'Rathul.'"

"Beautiful," Mikael hummed.

"I want you to have it," Bonnie offered it to him.

"Are you certain?" He frowned.

"I am," Bonnie nodded, "Let it be a symbol of the future I know you will have and let it be a promise."

"A promise?" Mikael wondered.

"A promise," Bonnie confirmed, "That when you find your future...you will cherish it. That when you find love, you will adore it, when you have children you will love them...always and forever."

"I promise," Mikael swore, accepting the sword.

"Good," Bonnie hummed.

A few months later, in which Bonnie had stayed home with her husband as opposed to killing and stealing, Mikael came to visit them...with a familiar woman by his side.