~6~

"Hey Joel, I bought some snacks, maybe we can chill somewhere after school?" Tara asked Joel, using her fingers to graze his chin.

"Can't wait" Joel told her winking at her as she walked away giggling.

"Ewwwww" Jumoke muttered as she scrunched up her face.

Jumoke felt hurt as he shamelessly flirt with another girl and didn't care if she was watching or not.

"Ohh, Jummy, you are here" Joel said a bit startled.

"Duhhh, We were walking towards the tuck shop, remember?" Jumoke reminded him as he nodded.

"Next time, just give me a head start before that happens" Jumoke said with gag expression.

"Oh come on, it was nothing" Joel told her rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, for the king of flirting, it was" Jumoke told him as he smirked at what he had addressed her as.

"Come on, let's go" Joel told her dragging her hands as she trailed along.

"Where are we going?" Jumoke asked him as he ignored her question.

Soon, Joel pulled her into the empty arts room as she wondered what he had dragged her here for.

"Joel, what is the meaning of this naw?" Jumoke asked as he watched him sit on a table.

"You really think that's all I do don't you?" Joel asked Jumoke, searching for answers in her eyes.

"What? What are you talking about?" Jumoke asked him, confused by his sudden change of attitude.

"You think I'm not truly capable of liking someone, don't you? You think I flirt because it's cool." Joel asked Jumoke as she looked stunned at his words.

Jumoke was utterly confused. She never said that, though deep down, that was exactly what she thought about him.

"No, no. Really?" Jumoke lied as Joel chuckled.

"You are an awful liar.Well, you are right?" Joel accepted still covering up his hurt emotion.

He just felt as his best friend, she could think of something more of him than a play boy.

"Oh" Jumoke muttered faking a smile as she felt a sharp pain in her chest.

He really wouldn't ever like her.

Tension filled the air as Jumoke looked around the room as Joel's eyes were continuously fixed on her.

"Let's go jare" Jumoke eventually spoke up, turning towards the door but Joel hurriedly grabbed her hand and pulled her towards his chest.

"I know, what you are going through Jumoke, don't hide your pain. I promise I'll always be here for you" Joel said out of the blues as Jumoke immediately remembered how he helped her discover Abraham's plot.

He probably didn't know the cause of her hurting right now was himself.

"I.. It's okay, I have forgo..... " Jumoke stuttered before holding her breath.

The smell of Joel was making her knees weak. She didn't want to get closer to him.

Butterflies erupted in her stomach from his mere touch and before it could get anymore worst, he slammed his lips on hers.

The butterflies ran wild as she felt electrified.

Joel couldn't resist her. Her face was a perfect view for him. Jumoke'lips felt perfectly on his. He couldn't explain how a human could feel so much emotions in one body.