~2~

Five years later

Five years later

“Uncle Joel!” Jayden happily shouted before running towards his uncle.

Joel picked his nephew up as Jayden wrapped his arms around his neck.

“How are you doing bud?” Joel asked, pinching his four year old cousins cheeks.

“I'm fine. Mummy and daddy said I would be staying with you for a while” Jayden stated as Joel nodded in affirmation.

“Hey, sorry for the inconvenience bro” Joel's older brother apologized, slapping his back.

“Owww, it's no big deal, big bro” Joel told him, with an assuring smile.

“He just needs to be dropped at his school, every morning and that's about it” Jayden's father added as Joel nodded in understanding.

“Ohhh, hey Joe.” Jayden's mother greeted Joel with a hug.

“Hey Lisa” Joel greeted her back, as he felt Jayden touching his hair.

“Really sorry for the inconvenience though” She repeated exactly what her husband had said.

“Again, it's no problem ”Joel repeated as he gave her an assuring smile also.

“I know you might need to go to work, and you might be too busy to pick him up from school early. You really don't have to worry, his teacher could take good care of him for the time being ” She told Joel as he nodded with a smile.

Little Jayden kept fiddling with Joel's hair as he spoke to his parents.

Sooner or later, they had to leave, so they nodded themselves goodbye. Jayden wasn't scared about being left with Joel, because Joel was his favourite uncle, and he trust him so much.

“So, what do you want to eat now?” Joel asked Jayden as they went into the house.

“Kellogs, moon and stars” Jayden exclaimed in excitement as Joel took him over his shoulders and proceeded into the kitchen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Hey smallie, How was school today?” Joel asked his little nephew as he opened the back seat door for him.

“First, I'm a big boy, and school was fine, thanks” Jayden replied with a smile on his small lips.

“Woahhh, looks like someone had fun in school today” Joel asked as he sensed the excitement in his nephew's voice.

He didn't expect him to be sad, and hate his school like other kids do, because he went to one of the most standard and top preschool in Lagos state.

“Yeah, school is always fun.” He said smiling.

“Okay, well its time to have much more fun with the best uncle ever” Joel told his nephew using a deeper voice as he tickled Jayden, till Jayden could barely breath.