~9~

Jumoke unknowingly casted her gaze on the water gushing out of the tap and immediately finding its way into the drain.

She had been like this for close to ten minutes as her mind seemed to rummage through the thoughts and memories it held.

The one memory which kept finding it's way into the spotlight was the last argument she had with Joel.

She wondered if she had been too harsh or was just too sensitive.

“Damn it!” She yelled furiously shutting the tap close as she ran towards the couch and threw herself on it angrily.

She hated the fact that she hadn't been able to stop thinking about this for the past two weeks.

Demilade her best friend had heavily criticised her for lashing out at Joel like that.

“Idiot! There is nothing wrong in him trying to build his relationship with you again.”

Jumoke's head echoed Demilade's words as convinced herself that she did nothing wrong.

But she purposely tried not to acknowledge the real fact that bothered her.

He hadn't called or even come to the school in the past two weeks.

And this was slowly driving her insane.

At first, she blamed him for trying to make her feel bad and look wicked but soon, she started wondering if it was her fault.

If she had been too sensitive and have hurt his feelings, pretty badly.

She adjusted her position and sat up as she grabbed her airpod and popped them into her ears, playing her favourite jam by Jennifer Lopez, which was also the perfect song she needed for this moment.

I am the love of the love of my life🎶

* * * * * * * * * * *
Joel's figure slouched on the chair as he closed his eye, ignoring Kunle's words.

“Guyyy, come on. This girl don they disturb me na.”He pleaded as Joel's mind was clearly not with Kunle anymore.

Did she really think he was trying to rub the fact that he had rejected her in his face?!

And he couldn't quite call what happened on their graduation a rejection because he got hurt too.

He regreted that decision every day for 5 freaking years.

“Dude!!” Joel heard as he snapped his eyes open, seeing Kunle snap his fingers in his face.

“What?!” He asked feeling a bit pissed off by Kunle's disturbance.

“C'mon! Just do this for me. My relationship is on the line. Plus, you have nothing to lose” Kunle explained with a pleading look.

“Uhn?! Do what?” He asked as he clearly hadn't been listening to Kunle for the past 30 minutes.

“Go on a date with this girl. She's my girl's best friend, and ever since she met you, she's been asking my girl to ask me to get you to go on a date with her.”Kunle explained as it took Joel a minute to get his explanation.

Joel clearly wasn't emotionally stable for a date. He clearly had someone else in his mind.

“You know, I can't. I have this thing to sort out” Joel responded as Kunle shook his head disapproving his excuse.

“I know, Jumoke. Guyy, just forget it. You guys are clearly not meant to be, so move on. Plus try other ladies and see how it works out” Kunle told him as he swung effortlessly on his chair.