24

TW's:
-None

Clay's POV

It was the day of prom and I had been very nervous for what I was about to do today. I had been excited all week for this day too and also because I finally got a pump and a continuous glucose monitor. It made me all very happy, but today was also stressful. I hoped he would say yes to me, I just hoped he liked me too.

I went to a store with George's mother and I told her I was going to ask George. She seemed very happy and helped me pick the best suit. I was happy with the suit I got and I hoped George was going to like it too.

I was standing in front of the mirror in my room. I told George to not come in because I didn't want him to see me yet. Because his parents acted like they were my parents as well, George's mother told me she would bring me to prom and his dad was going to bring George so we would see each other there for the first time.

I took a deep breath, wiped my suit to make sure there weren't any spots on it and smiled. I knocked on the door to let George's mother know I was done and she walked in, smiling at me. 'You look great. Come, George is still in his room. Let's quickly go downstairs before he sees you.'

I nodded and went downstairs, immediately going outside to sit down in the car. It was five minutes before we had to leave and George's mother smiled as she sat down next to me.

'George's dad is helping him now,' she said as she looked at me. 'You look great.'

'I'm so nervous,' I muttered. 'What if he says no to me. I know the same happened to him a while back and maybe they will stop bullying him if he says no, but I'm still very scared for what's going to happen.'

His mother smiled. 'I don't think he would so easily say no in front of everyone. Even if he would say no, he would probably take you somewhere else to tell you.'

'I really hope he says yes, I like him a lot.'

'I hope he does too, but how can he not say yes to someone who looks this handsome.'

'Thank you,' I said with a bright smile. 'I hope he finds me handsome. I've tried to comb my hair as nicely as possible.'

'It looks great, Clay. You look perfect.'

I sighed deeply and nodded shortly. 'I can do it.'

'You can, I believe in you. Let's go there.'

I nodded and sat back as she started the car. She drove me there and I sighed another time as I thanked her and stepped out, looking around me to see George's dad driving closer. I smiled brightly as George stepped out and he looked at me with a blush on his face.

Everyone was able to see us at this point, but I didn't care anymore. I grabbed his hand and smiled. 'You're beautiful, let's go inside.'

George nodded and we walked inside of the building as we held hands. I was waiting for the right moment and when everyone was just dancing a bit to a song that came on and the principal welcomed us, I pulled George with me to the podium.

I climbed onto it and cleared my throat, taking a deep breath. A lot of people looked at me and as soon as I started talking, all the faces were looking towards me and George. George was standing in front of me without talking. His lips were slightly parted and his face was red.

'George,' I started, seeing everyone look at me. 'Last time there was a party Josh thought it was great to humiliate you and I've always found this terrible. I've told him, but I don't think I've showed you my respect enough.'

George was just staring and breathing pretty fast.

'George, I'm sorry that all those idiots bully you and hate you, but I want you to not care about them anymore. Listen, George.'

I held his hand and sighed deeply again. I was so nervous that my body felt numb because of the nerves rushing through it.

'George, when they don't love you, I want to tell you something. I do love you, I love you not only as my friend. George, I'm in love with you, do you want to be my boyfriend?'

It was quiet for a little and George blushed brightly, having his face fill with a shy smile.

'I would like to,' he whispered.

'George, I don't care about any of those idiots anymore. I'm in love with you and I want everyone to know you're mine. Can I kiss you? Please say no if you're uncomfortable,' I whispered so not everyone could hear it.

'You can,' George whispered back.

I smiled, pressed my lips on George's in front of everyone. It wasn't a long kiss and definitely not a too intense one. I just kissed his lips for a few seconds. I broke the kiss, looking at the people who were staring at us.

'You know Josh,' I started. 'You're purpose was to break George, wasn't it? Because of what you did to George, I noticed him. Because of you I'm together with him now. Because of you I love him now. So well done, idiot, I love him. You can hate him, but you realise I love him more than anyone will ever be able to love you, don't you?'

It was quiet and Josh just stared at me.

'Because Josh, no one can trust you anymore. How would someone know if you're joking with them and try to hurt them or if you're being serious? How would a person who had a disease or a disability ever feel safe near you after you've bullied someone with epilepsy and diabetes?'

He was still quiet and looked around him to see some people nod.

'They were all scared,' I yelled. 'They just got along with you so they wouldn't get bullied. I think there's at least five other people here who are part of the LGBTQ+ and I think there's at least ten people who have a disability or a problem they've never told you about.'

'Shut up,' Josh muttered.

'Sure, I'll shut up. Just know that George has a boyfriend now and you'll be forever alone.'

1087 words