Chapter 18

As Holly headed towards the kitchen, she was able to hear Isabella's annoyed stomping as she trailed behind her. The redhead settled on a chair by the kitchen Island, propping her chin in the palms of her hands as she observed Holly open and close the cupboards in search for the popcorn packs.

"Why am I here again?" she said, annoyed because she had no idea why she wasn't in Casey's arms at that moment, but rather in Holly's kitchen.

"I just want the great company of my own best friend. Is this that weird?" Holly threw a pack in the microwave and twisted the button until it counted up to three minutes, turning it on after. She settled on a chair opposite of Isabella and looked at her with a small suspicious smile. "Do you want to play a game?"

"What?" Isabella asked confusedly.

"I will tell you a secret, then it's your turn"

"And why would exactly we do that? It's just so random and unnecessary"

"Do you want to or now?" Holly asked inpatiently.

Isabella furrowed her eyebrows. There was something in her best friend's behavior that seemed extremely weird to her but she couldn't exactly put a finger on it. She wasn't able to understand why was she so persistent about that game, as she called it.

"Okay, whatever. Go on" Isabella said and rolled her eyes, not expecting her friend to say anything particularly amusing.

"Carly asked me out!" Holly almost shouted as she jumped up and down in her chair happily.

Isabella was taken a back for a few seasons until her brain could comprehend what she was just told. Suddenly, her eyes widened and she threw herself at Holly, holding both her hands with a big happy smile on her face. "She did? Oh my God, I'm so happy for you Holly!" she wished she could experience the same with Casey soon.

"I still can't believe it!"

"Where is she taking you?"

"There is this restaurant at the end of the city she really likes to go to. She said the food there is excellent and I will totally love the place. I can't wait to spend some time with her alone"

"Wow, amazing. I hope you two have a great time and, hopefully, since both of you clearly like each other, the big question will be finally dropped" Isabella gave Holly a pointed look.

"I'm not really sure if she would ask me to be her girlfriend on our very first date, Izzy, but if she does, then i definitely know my answer"

"You two will make such a cute couple, oh my God!" Isabella squealed in excitement.

"Duh, obviously. But anyways, now it's your turn. Tell me something I don't know"

"Well, I don't know what I can tell you. There is not much action going on around me after the Anthony situation"

"Really?" Holly asked with her brow raised. "I noticed Casey has became your personal pillow recently. Got anything to say on that?"

"What? No! We are just getting really close with time, plus she's really soft and comfortable to lay on and she has no problem with it" Isabella quickly excused herself, but one thing that escaped her mind was that Holly knew her better that she knew herself.

"Come on, Izzy. How long have we known each other? We share everything, even the crushes. Tell me if you really like Casey. Not that I already don't know the truth, you two are not exactly the most subtle, but still I want to hear it from my best friend"

"Look, I know I can tell you everything, but this is just really sudden and unexpected and I thought i would need more time to make sure my feeling are real before I start telling other people, especially Casey. Yes, I like her. Heck, I may have even fallen in love, Holly. It's so crazy. I just got out of a shit toxic relationship with someone I loved, or I at least thought I loved, and got badly betrayed. I didn't think I'm able to like someone so fast..."