Samples

It had been a few days since Daniel arrived on Satri, and Amarvus told him that today they were going to the geneticists to try to figure out where he came from. They went to a building and Daniel was placed in a waiting room with other humans.

"Just call me if you need anything, I will be right in the other room. Alright?"

"Sounds good."

"Good, I will come and get you when we are called." With that, Amarvus left the room. Daniel went to sit down and one person started to talk to him.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"This is the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. What about you?"

"Uh, yeah. It's pretty wild. I'm Daniel, by the way."

"Sally."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too."

"So... how've you been with all this?"

"Ok, not the first part, obviously. That was horrible. But my guy has been nice. How about you?"

"Yeah, she's been nice to me." They talked for a while longer until someone came into the room.

"Sally! It is your turn love."

"Welp, that's me. Nice talking with you."

"You too. See ya." She walked over to the one waiting by the door and was picked up and nuzzled. About 15 minutes later Amarvus came back and called Daniel. Amarvus picked him up and took him to a room right out of a doctors' office. Daniel was placed on a padded table with that paper on it and Amarvus sat down on the chair beside it.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok. You?"

"Yes, I am fine." They sat in silence for a moment, then someone came into the room, her light purple hair tied in a ponytail.

"Hello, is this," she checked a screen she was holding, "Daniel?"

"Yes." Amarvus answered.

"Hello."

"Hello Daniel. It is nice to meet you. How have you been recovering?"

"Great, thank you."

"Glad to hear it. Alright, I have the list and containers here. Those go to you," She handed a box and a screen to Amarvus, "and you can take the samples here or at home, just make sure we get everything by tonight. Our drop off is always open. Any questions?"

"None from me. Daniel?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Perfect. I will leave you to it. Just come out of the room when you are ready to leave, and someone will show you to the exit."

"Alright. Thank you."

"No problem." She left the room and closed the door.

"Alright, Daniel. Do you want to do this here or at home?"

"Here is fine."

"Are you ready?"

"I guess."

"Good. We can start with the least invasive ones," he opened the box and rummaged through it until he pulled out a comb, "How about we do hair first?"

"Sounds good." Amarvus brushed his hair until he thought that he had collected enough, placed it in a tube and sealed it.

"Alright, one down!" Amarvus took out a small q-tip next, "Could you open your mouth for me, Daniel?" He did as he was asked. Amarvus gently swabbed the inside of his cheek. Most of the tests were swabs, with varying degrees of discomfort. His nails were cut at one point, and another sample Daniel insisted taking alone. They were soon through the list and were ready to go back. They thanked the doctors and headed for the monorail. "Are you ready to get home, dear?"