~39~

"Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs

Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes.

Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears.

What is it else?

A madness most discreet,

a choking gall and a preserving sweet."

-William Shakespeare

Author's Pov

Juhi felt void of emotions as she watched Varchas, Chandini's brother, lit the funeral pyre with shaking hands. She watched the grief of Chandini's family yet she felt nothing, not even an ounce of sadness or grief within her. She watched the pyre being burned down to nothing but a heap of grey ashes

When the last of fire was exhausted, Juhi felt mournful. She didn't know why. She felt her heart heaving with grief and her eyes burning with unshed tears. Her breathing came in pants, she clutched her chest trying to ease the pain she felt and it was in this moment she felt the immense feeling of grief breaking all the walls that she had built in her heart.

She felt like she was drowning in a sea of grief. It was the same grief, which she felt during her parents death, consuming her mind and heart as all the memories of her past flashed before her. She closed her eyes letting the tears slip through her cheeks.

Chandini. Her childhood. Her parents. Her brother. Her family. Her dreams. Her Karna. Her baby. Her death. Her past.

Her eyes fluttered open as her past life came crashing before her eyes. She remembered. She remembered each and every single moment of her past life. She felt her eyes stinging with tears as she solved the greatest puzzle of her life.

The puzzle which had lead to her parents death and all her miseries.

The tears spilled fast and hot, but they weren't tears of anger or sorrow rather that of sadness and betrayal. She was betrayed by the person who gave birth to her, who was her father, who was her best friend, who was once her whole world.

 She was betrayed by the person who gave birth to her, who was her father, who was her best friend, who was once her whole world