~42~

The sun moors itself in the blue as if anchored to heaven's ether

The sun moors itself in the blue as if anchored to heaven's ether. The sun let its rays cascade onto the world, bringing the scene into full view, adjusting the brightness and contrast. Igniting the world anew with such brilliance, the sun rose with casual elegance. The shafts shone to the right and left from that one focal point that for the most part was hidden from the eye. Each day the sun shone and the world shone back, joyful to reflect those warm rays.

Juhi closed her eyes, letting the warm rays of the sun fall on her face. Her skin was pale like the silk of white rose petals. Her pink lips were dry and chapped. Her eyes were faded and lined with dark circles. Her cheeks were sulked slightly. Her once dark hair looked disheveled and weak. The glint of happiness that usually radiated on her face seemed to have disappeared as uneasiness crawled through her veins.

 The glint of happiness that usually radiated on her face seemed to have disappeared as uneasiness crawled through her veins

Her mind and heart were in chaos. It's been almost Triivaadanm (3 hours) since the royal family of Hastinapur had been locked inside the court room of the great palace. She didn't know what was happening inside the chamber. Though the occasional yells of the elders told her that the problem is yet to be solved. Her husband was alone with his brothers in that chamber to deal with the blood sucking leech, Shakuni.

A part of her knew they would be okay. The brothers have already fought various battles with vicious snakes like Shakuni but for some unknown reason it did not lessen her worries. There was a fear in her heart, a fear that she couldn't even voice out to her husband. A fear that might change the whole course of her life. She was afraid of the changes that she had brought along with her to this yug. The changes which could either save or destroy everything.

She too wanted to be a part of the meeting. She wanted to support her family yet she couldn't do that due to he deteriorating health condition. From the day of her arrival in Hastinapur, her health was worsening to a very deadly level. The other day she spit out blood while omitting and she had occasional nose bleeds too. She wanted to talk to Karna about the matter but seeing the amount of tension and worry he was carrying since the day of their arrival her heart didn't allow her to open up about her health problems to him. He was already so worked up, she didn't want to increase his worries.