Chapter 15

My eyes fleeted over to Axel's peaceful features for the upteenth time as my fingers itched to caress his solemn face.

His slightly full lips were slightly parted as his eyes remained closed, allowing for his long eyelashes to almost caress against his skin. His eyebrows were a relaxed, almost thick bush.

My skin looked so smooth and had me craving to feel it under my fingertips. His chest was covered by a white t-shirt that stopped at the top of his arms, leaving most of the arms naked. His hair looked so rugged but somehow, stylish. He looked like an illegal model.

"May I open my eyes now, Darling?" Axel's husky but deep voice infiltrated the once silent room.

"I didn't know you were awake." I honestly answered even as my eyes stubbornly lingered on his smooth, calm features that remained as before.

"Darling, I have been awake for far longer than you anticipated. I simply chose to let you enjoy the silence and sight you were so attentively admiring, however," He opened his silver and blue orbs, letting the sun caress them, making them almost glow as the silver shone like a star," By the attentiveness you gave, I expected you to touch me."

I lightly nibbled on my bottom lip before admitting," I wanted to." I shyly whispered as I looked up at him from my eyelashes that acted like a curtain for my shy eyes.

A smile instantly laced his features as he spoke," Then please do so, my face is aching for your touch besides, I would say that this would be great compensation for my aching body." He winked, making my heart skip a beat as my breath hitched in my throat but nonetheless, a smile overtook my own features as I lightly nodded.

"Don't mind if I do." I smiled at him.

"If it were any other woman, I assure you I would," He said as he gently took my hands from where they laid at my sides and lifted them to his face," But because it is you, I have no objections."

I couldn't help but to let out the slight giggle that bubbled in my thought as I shook my head at his flirtatious words.

I gently cupped his cheeks, instantly getting a reaction from him as he shivered at the touch and closed his eyes. My hand slowly trailed down his face, feeling and memorising his soft skin. His skin was as smooth as butter but as soft as a baby's. There was no sight of a bump of spot on his face, like a newborn's untainted skin. His skin radiated purity beyond its age, just as that of a porcelain doll which was a contrast to his calloused hands that showed years of hard work.

"Darling, my apologies for speaking during your exploration, but I feel the need to ask you about what you said last night." He cautiously asked without opening his eyes.

"Yes, if it's about me marrying you, then my answer is yet to change. I want to marry you if you'll let me, Axel. I want to with my whole being." I softly assured even as my hands cupped his cheeks as I pushed myself up so I could press a quick peck to his lips.

"I'm glad you wish to marry me, my Love because that is all my heart yearns to do as well." He smiled as he opened his eyes that shone a rich ocean blue as specks of silver swirled in them, a spark shooting from them as if they were stars. He was really happy, the happiest I've honestly seen him by the way his eyes look.

In a blink of an eye, I was suddenly on Axel's lap with my back against his chest as he held me by my waist with his chin gently  balanced on my head.

"I happened to recall that my Love enjoyed this position, correct?" He asked with adoration marring his words.

"Aha," I softly whispered as I enjoyed his warmth that covered my whole body," Axel, when will we be getting married?"

"I would like it to be this afternoon, unless you wish to enjoy a few more days as Miss Carson?" He asked with a bit of teasing in his words.