Chapter 18

A sigh left my lips as I looked up at the familiar roof of Axel and I's room. It's only been a while since we took off and I already miss Flora's chirpy self, Daniel's sweet fatherly self and Zarya's energetic-ness.

"Don't worry, my Love. We shall return to Estaria before you know it." Axel tried to console me as he placed a kiss onto my forehead.

I just sent a weak smile his way in response before closing my eyes. Apparently, this flight will only take about 72 hours, so we won't be in here for as long as we were when we flew to Estaria from Earth.

"Axel," I softly called, receiving a humm in response from my working husband as he once again typed away on his holographic screen. I married a busy man, a busy bee. You would swear he was a workaholic. "Why are we flying to Harmonia?"

My eyes slowly peeled open to connect with Axel's beautiful ones as he looked at me. He softly sighed before smiling at me," You are one troublesome beloved, aren't you, Darling?" He teased as he took my hand and helped me straddle his lap before gently pushing my head to his chest so I could listen to his heart beat." Well, we were invited there by the King of Harmonia."

"Why?" I curiously asked as I slowly traced my finger over his black space suit.

"Well, we have reason to believe that this trip might potentially lead to a treaty if all goes well," Axel responded, making his chest vibrate," The only concerning factor is that for centuries, the king's of Harmonia including their current king have never wished to enforce a treaty with Estaria. They have always declined our invitations for treaties and now, suddenly, the King wishes to enforce a treaty with us, this is rather concerning. The Harmonian monarchy has always stayed firm in their believe of being an independent species, but now they wish to have a treaty with Estaria." Axel voiced his concerns that clearly bothered him from what his tone was telling me.

"Do you have any idea why he had the sudden change of heart?" I asked as I looked up at him, just to have his eyes connect with mine.

Axel simply shook his head with a sigh," I wish I knew, Darling."

"Do you think he might have ulterior motives?" I asked, also getting a bit worried.

As if Axel sensed my sudden unease, his hand soothingly went down my back as he spoke," No, my Love. The Harmonians have never been one for violence or trickery. They pride themselves with their purity to even dare to attempt a dirty act." He softly reassured.

"Are you sure?" I asked in hopes of calming my raging nerves.

He softly smiled at me before leaning down to press a kiss onto my forehead before pressing one more onto my left temple," You have my word, my Love. No one would try to harm us and if they did, I would gladly put my life on the line for you. I will protect you from any danger, I give you my word." He promised as he rested his cheek on my forehead.

"Then who'll protect you?" I asked.

"You do not need to concern yourself with that, Sweetheart, I assure you." He said, but unfortunately, I was far from assured.

~~~~~

"The king himself will be the one to welcome us?" Aurora asked for the second time in disbelief as we made our way down the halls.

"I believe so." Axel answered again before we made our way to the boarding door to leave the ship.

"That is very peculiar but quite an honour to receive." Atlas said in surprise as we stopped at the boarding door to wait for the General.

"That it really is." Aurora agreed, just as the General arrived.

"Lieutenants, Technician, my Lady." The General curtly greeted before turning to the large door and motioning for it to be opened with a swipe of his wrist and just as commanded, the door slowly started descending, revealing bits and bits of the glittery night sky as a cool breeze sweeped into the ship, tickling at my naked arms. A shiver left my lips at the unexpected coldness that touched my warm skin even though the breeze was brief and only caressed my skin for a second.