thirty nine

^^haven't done a song in a while ;) play it at anytime if you want ! it just fits the vibe :)

HARRY'S POV

Arlo already peed on the floor.

I don't know why we didn't expect it, he's eight months old and has never had a home before. It would only make sense for him not to know any better.

I'm not mad at him because he's so fucking cute. I won't admit it out loud but Lainey was right. We've been home for an hour and I would already die for this dog. His little floppy ears, the way his paws slide and slip on the hardwood, the high pitched yelp he lets out every time he wants a toy. I'm his bitch. It's great.

Personally, I didn't even need to spend time with Arlo to know I wanted him. I mean, when Lainey said his birthday was February first, I would've signed the papers right then and there. The sign was as clear as day, this dog was meant to be ours. Now that our duo has become a trio, I'm already excited for the future when our family grows even more.

So I can't be mad when he doesn't understand where he can and can't pee. When we move, he'll probably have an easier time understanding because they'll hopefully be more outside space for him.

I've honestly wanted to get out of this place for a while. When Lainey moved in, I know we both thought it would be temporary. I, of course, felt perfectly fine with the possibility that it wasn't going to be temporary, and the more time went on the more we both knew it would be absolutely pointless for her to get a new place for herself. Even before Greece when our relationship was still up in the air, it would've been a waste. So I've known for a while that I wanted us to get a fresh, new place that's one hundred percent ours and that we can make one hundred percent our own. And why not expand our space when we expand our family?

"Harry." My head snaps up from my phone to Lainey, emerging from the kitchen into the living room with her eyes on her phone.

"Hm?" I look up at her, pausing my movement of petting a sleep Arlo. She shows me her phone screen- an incoming call.

"It's the station." She says hesitantly, gulping.

"Do you want me to answer it?"

"No, I can, I just haven't thought about it at all today- basically forgot about it- so I just...agh." She sits down on the couch next to me and brings her legs up to her chest, sighing.

"It'll be good news, remember what they told us?"

She nods. "I know. Still."

"I get it." I say quietly as she presses the green accept button and brings the phone to her ear.

So we'll have to rewind a bit for me to explain this.

Lainey met with James' mum on the Wednesday after the wedding/hospital weekend, and that Thursday she came to me and said she wanted to go to the police station and file a report for the stalking and harassment.

She explained to me that talking with Laura gave Laura the closure she needed, but Lainey herself wouldn't get full closure and be able to fully move on from everything knowing that James was doing what he was doing and got away with it. Leaving something that serious alone didn't sit right with her, and it shouldn't have. She had every right to do this for her safety and peace of mind.

She was so hesitant and timid about it. I think she was half trying to convince herself that it's what she actually wanted to do. She wanted my opinion on what she should do, and even though I told her the decision wasn't mine, I still completely, utterly, wholeheartedly agreed with her. I want her safe, and filing a report would ensure her safety in some capacity.