Chapter Eleven

Everyone has headed to bed, and I expect them to be asleep. There are no sounds left and the darkness has filled the house completely. My eyes are wide open, yet I cannot see a single thing, I listen closely but the nigh has truly fallen. I slide out of my bed and start to execute the plan I created yesterday.

I change into some old clothes without making a noise and I open the window carefully. I am high up but the bush down the ground would break my fall, though I am not planning on falling at all. I swing my left leg over the roof and look down once more... I can do this.

I give myself over to the plan and I start climbing down, my heartbeat is racing but I do not stop, this is possible. I get closer to the ground and when I am assured I will not break a leg or wake someone up, I let go of the wall. I end up in the bush and leave the house of the Bridgerton family.

The walk is not too long, but long enough for my thoughts to go their own way. What if he is not there? What if it was all a joke? What if someone will see us together? What if someone finds out I am missing? I cannot seem to shut them up but when I arrive at the stable and see his posture standing in the dark, my worries disappear.

He smiles relieved when he sees me,

"you came.."

"of course I came.."

"let me show you around" I follow him closely, afraid to lose him in the darkness, and we end next to the white horse that brought us together,

"does she have a name?"

"Emily" he strokes her hair, "do you have any supplements? To ride?"

"I do not, I am sorry.."

"I have something for you, if you want.."

"yes, please" I smile, and he returns with a pile of clothes,

"these may work a little better than a dress" he hands it over to me and I look at the men's clothes I'm holding,

"I am sure it does"

"I think I will leave now" he takes Emily outside with him and I change clothes swiftly. He is saddling her up when I walk outside and he nearly drops what he was holding,

"wow.."

"is it so bad?" I ask teasing,

"I now understand how you got deceive everyone with your act, you would be able to fool me even.."

"it works.. except for the hair.." I refer to the bun on top of my head,

"oh, I thought of that" he smirks mischievous, and my heart makes a little jump, he runs off and scares me from behind with a high hat,

"here you go" he drops it on my head and I pat on it,

"I am convinced it will fall off but, we will give it a shot" I smile and the three of us get to the field. Chris created a parkour and I observe for a few seconds before getting onto Emily,

"hey, ready to jump?" I ask, she neighs in response and I take it as a yes. I ride a few rounds around the field to get back in my horse-riding mode and when I feel like we are both ready the fun can begin.

Olivia and Emily take on the course and start of tough, not being used to each other is a setback but Olivia knows what she is doing. As they get closer to the first obstacle, Christian steps closer and makes his elbows rest on the fence. Is this girl really a good horse rider? Or was it just an interesting story she made up to impress this unknown boy?

Olivia's muscles tighten slightly, and she gives Emily the signs to jump,

"here we go" she warns her, and although her words were not wrong, Emily hits the obstacle. Olivia pats her,

"come on Emily, you can do this" she makes her fasten a little and full of doubt they get to the next obstacle, which they completely miss. Olivia's hat falls off and her bun loosens, this is not as she imagined it.

Now her hair is flying by the wind, yet her horse is staying on the ground. She keeps on patting Emily and encouraging her until she realises this is on her. She must be sure of herself, only then she will be able to make it to the other side. She speeds up even more and together, they head at the last obstacle.

Christian believes in her, they must do it right now. Emily's feet hit the grass in rhythm, and they get closer and closer, Olivia gives her a few last words and she now straightens her back. She was able to do this blindfolded so she will do it now too, in fact, she closes her eyes.

Emily's front feet take off from the ground and shortly afterwards, she flies in the air. With power they leap over the obstacle and Emily as well as the obstacle itself stay unharmed. Olivia opens her eyes and hugs Emily,

"you are amazing"

When I am in my old clothes again, Christian still has not stopped complimenting me,

"that was better than good, are you sure this was your first time this year?"

"yes, but it was mostly Emily. And you do not just forget how to ride"

"of course not, but you are already one of the best riders I have ever seen"

"now that is a lie. Or you have never seen any proper riders..."

"I think you should compete"

"compete? Oh no, better not.."

"you are good, Olivia, and I can help you with the disguise.."

"the hat falls off, people are going to know.. I'm sorry..." I give him back the clothes, "thank you, for tonight. But I must return home now" I turn around,

"wait! Olivia! When will I see you again?" the question is not even an 'if' he will see me again, the question is 'when' he will. He wants to see me... again,

"four days, same time, same place"

"I will be right here" it is too dark to see whether he is smiling or not, but I believe he is. only thinking about a next time makes my heart light up, how will I ever survive these formalities when he is all I can think about?...