Chapter 1 - We Meet

A/N: I'm excited for you all to view my book! I'm only posting the first chapter for now so please tell me if I should continue it. :>

          Out on the busy streets of Aislin, was a girl. She seemed to be around the age of fifteen, her hair was red as fire, and her eyes green as emeralds. With her she carried a tattered and old crossbody bag, going from her left shoulder and resting on top the right of her hip. "Hey, Akari!", called a voice from a near distance. Akari ignored the call out to her and kept walking. It was a boy around the same age as Akari, possibly a year or two older. His hair was a natural strawberry-brown color, he had amber colored eyes, and skin a bit lighter than an olive complexion. Running, running, and continuous running. It was till he caught up to her and ran out of breath that he actually couldn't even say hello anymore.

          "What's that for, I've never seen you carry that around.", he said finally managing to speak. Akari paused and turned her head to look straight at the boy's face. With a cold and blank look in her stare, she said, "I believe it is not of your concern, Kaden." Young miss Akari started walking faster. Each step going against the wind that day. Sometimes Kaden thought speed walking was her specialty since she was so good at it. He quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

         "Excuse me, but you're getting on my nerves.", Akari said with a groan. Kaden let go complaining, "Man, you're way too hard to read."

        "Anyway, what's up, you seem upset?", he asked casually. She was hesitant and quiet while saying, "Sh-she's gone." Confused, Kaden tilted his head, "Who? Do you mean Lucy, yeah she transferred schools, but I didn't know you'd care so much?" Akari stared at Kaden with an irritated expression. She proceeded to express her annoyance with him through lightly smacking his wrist. It was her way of telling him he was wrong. "My grandma.", it was a small mutter but Kaden could hear it.

        Tears started pouring down her face like a waterfall, maybe a little too dramatically. They were halfway down the road heading toward the subway station. Some people glared back at her with baffled expressions, only for a second of a glance, they turned their heads and continued on with their business.

        Kaden placed his hand on her shoulder, giving off a warm smile with his cheerful aura. He comforted her the whole ride to their apartment complex. When they hopped out of the subway, Akari gave Kaden such a tight hug he might've gotten his life and soul squeezed out. Thanking and bidding their farewells, they drifted to different paths. It was a goodnight blessing.

       Dawn arises as the moon goes to sleep herself, leaving the sun to take over the sky of dreams. It's quite cloudy, during some seasons; today was different though. It was as though a drop of the sun had blessed the city.

      "Kaden and Akari had always been close. Quite the contrast indeed", explained an unknown creature. "I've always viewed their lives, like watching a film."