Chapter 8 - Gone. Vanished. Disappeared.

A/N: If you like the chapter please remember to vote and comment, I'd appreciate it!

       Rain pounded on the glass of each window encompassing Aunt Waverly. She sat on the sofa, which sunk in with her weight, just like her heart felt at the moment. Her arms were wrapped around her legs, with her head down against her knees. She sat mumbling quietly, while warm, glossy, globes rolled down her thin face. She lifted her head, her jet black hair caressing her cheeks. Starting to wipe the moisture off of her face with her sleeve, the woman stood up. 'I should try contacting Kaden's parents. They might have a clue to where Akari could be.' Slipping on her plain flats, grabbing her purse, and locking up her door. Even after, she may have to make a trip to the police station.

       Stepping out of her home alleviated the lonely and depressing atmosphere surrounding the unit. Heading down the hall, the aunt only looked forward, with a gloomy expression. The only thought in her mind was her dear niece, Akari. The woman leaped into the elevator, as the doors shut, she clicked a finger on the button titled 'five'. She wasn't very keen on seeing them. Kaden's parents had always been...fraudulent products to her. On elaboration, they weren't real parents. Real parents make the child they care for loved, they take proper care of that child's every need, raising that child with their utmost best. Watch.

       At every stressful step, Waverly sterned herself. Knock once, knock twice, bang thrice. "Hello, Waverly.", answered a woman.

       "We need to talk, Tsara.", Waverly asserted the topic, as she fought to keep from gawking at the stench of alcohol leaking from a fraudulent source. "Come in.", Tsara stated with an agitated voice and a sweet smile.

       "Do you know where Akari is? She's been gone for three days and you're the last people I know to ask.", Waverly darted out quickly.

       "Ehh, Kaden hasn't been around either, they prolly ran off somewhere together, so what?", intervened a thick voice, with low patience.

       "Are you serious, your teenage boy is gone too and you couldn't care less?...", mentioned Waverly, hotheaded.

       The thick-voiced man sat on a stool, scribbling on documents. Never maintaining his eyes on anything besides his work. He had short blonde hair, which had become shaken over the long hours, paired with a simple blue tuxedo. "Kaden is seventeen years old, and to be frank, a kid we weren't hoping for, why should we waste our breath on a small matter. Only because he stayed here, what, two days ago, doesn't mean we would keep track of him."

       "A small matter, really? Our children are missing and this is considered a 'small matter'?

       Tsara included as she peered into a cabinet, "Honey, is this a rhetorical question because there really is nothing to say, a small matter is as high of a title as this situation receives."

       "I'll take my leave then. Burn in Hell.", Waverly said detestfully.

       Handing the aunt a box of tasteful sweets, the strawberry boy's mother responded, "Please take this, thank you for coming." As Waverly walked out Tsara gave a small farewell, "Burn in Hell to you too."

       Kaden's parents were proper people, they had an arranged marriage, and agreed they hadn't wanted to raise a child. Yet, once one was birthed, they never attempted to squeeze a tiny new heart into their relationship. They refused to let their hearts grow space for a new person to love. Tsara spent her days at home as a housewife. Performing the classic housewife routine. Clearly with enough time to drunken herself often. The father's name was Bade. He was a regular businessman, who ambushed obstacles in his way, he had no regard for anything but his selfish life. Clique, isn't it?

       This life took a toll on even the strongest boy with the toughest poker face. Living with his parents was so mentally torturing that Kaden spent little time in his own home.

       Instead, strawberry boy lived with his uncle. He refused dealing with the mental abuse, with such a better option before him. Kaden had no regard for his parents, with his appreciation and love for his uncle being so much bigger. When he moved out of his parent's home at twelve years old, he learned to call his Uncle Sawyer, papa. To Kaden, the name suited him better.

       Waverly slammed the soles of her flats onto the marble tiles when she walked. These people were outrageous, pompous, drunkards! Their place was the pesky creases and ragged edges you have to view while holding an unwellfully handled book. You can't get rid of such eyesores. Out of the blue, a chime rang in the aunt's ear and her purse tremored. Waverly moved to the side and leaned on the blank walls of the corridor. She glanced at the name that appeared on her phone screen: Sawyer.

       "Hey, Erly, I'm calling to ask if you've seen Kaden at all?" That's when a fist of melancholic shock punched her in the face. "No, I haven't..have you seen Akari?"

       "I checked in with Kaden's parents if they'd seen Akari and they'd mentioned that Kaden had been M.I.A too."

       "Are you proposing that both our kids are missing?", Sawyer asked nervously. "Let's meet at the police station."

       Waverly sped to the elevator and pushed the button titled "Ground Floor". As soon as the elevator widened its mouth, the thin woman frantically ran to her car, her fingers stuttering for her car keys. Throwing her large purse to the passenger seat, she rested her hands on the steering wheel while breathing deeply. Composing herself, Waverly pulled back and drove off into the next stop light that would seize her time.

       Waverly noticed Sawyer's truck and parked her vehicle beside it. When she neared the transparent doors they opened automatically before her. She let her eyes wander to find Sawyer sitting on a chair, along with a few more strangers. She quietly sat into the chair next to him and spoke softly, "Did you relay the situation to them?" The blonde man flipped his head toward her replying, "Yes. I gave them all the information I had on the situation. They'd like to speak to you too, and discuss further action."

                                                                                             . . .

       Waverly watched as the printers shot out more sheets with the missing couple's faces plastered all over them. 'I will find them, I can't lose Akari. Carefully storing the posters in her purse, she and Sawyer drove all around the city putting up and asking around for information on the two teenagers. Where are they?

       Waverly was on social media, continuing her mission to spread information that could bring back the best friends, but then her phone malfunctioned. Glitching out, with staticy colors, and suddenly the word "Talboris" concocted onto the screen for a brief six seconds. At the blink of an eye.