Chapter 2 - Her Prints and Savior

A/N: I decided that 1 chapter wasn't enough so I'll be giving y'all chapter 2. ;)

           On Saturdays, Kaden would pick Akari up at noon. Aunt Waverly could hear a pattern of knocks at her door. She opened her door to find Kaden desperately carrying two boxes, and an awkward smile on his face. "You have a package, thought I'd bring it in. ", said Kaden. He walked in and set a plain brown box on a counter. "Here ya go, Auntie", said Kaden.

          "Thank you, that's the new batter mixer I ordered last month, I thought it'd never come!"

          "You only ordered it last Tuesday, don't make it sound so dramatic, Auntie", Akari responded lightly chuckling.

          "Well last Tuesday was last month, dear.", said Aunt Waverly trying to defend herself. 

          Kaden ran over to Akari and gently placed a small gift in her hands. "This is for you, I'm sorry.", mumbled Kaden sadly.

          'Again your warm aura grasps at my heart. I can't feel depressed around you, can I?', thought Akari. She hugged Kaden. Slowly letting go, she placed her gift on his head. "Hey!", Kaden waddled around trying to balance the box, soon enough causing the present to fall. "Oh, dang it!", he quickly went after it and caught it. "Thank goodness.", he sighed, relieved. Akari and Aunt Waverly were giggling watching him. "Please be careful with it, it was difficult to craft.", warned Kaden.

         "What do you mean?", asked Akari.

         Kaden slowly opened the box, which was teal colored with a grey zig-zagging pattern through it. "Look.'', said Kaden. He pulled out a salmon colored coin, about the size of a quarter. He placed it on his fist and tossed it. As the coin turned, specific designs were embroidered onto it. Once it rotated a full round the coin transformed into a bow and arrow. The girls' eyes slightly widened, "How neat! I've never seen a weapon that works this way, yet I used to collect them!", exclaimed Aunt Waverly. "How did you make it?", she asked.

        "It's my secret technique, no one will know.", Kaden responded feeling cocky.

         Kaden discharged a bit of mana on his bow and tossed it once more. The bow and arrows were now vanished, leaving only a mere coin behind. And the coin went blank, and the embroidery disappeared. "You try, Akari, I wanna see what weapon you'll trigger it to form!", said Kaden excitedly. Akari grabbed the coin from his hands and tossed it herself. The coin's designs were different this time. With Akari's, you could see the sun, hidden by clouds, over a field of flowers called Soande Vivids with half the field being rained on with fire. 'What an intricate pattern. I assume that these coins copy your mana's prints in order to summon weapons that match, but how?', thought Aunt Waverly.

        Once the coin made its full round, it turned into a Qoraiyo. A weapon, or more like two weapons, in a circular shape. These rings had crystal Soande Vivids growing off of them and they were very sharp. Qoraiyo weapons are usually thick rings with some sort of pattern pointing off them, and if you shoot mana through them, depending on the mana's intensity, the mana will either turn into a portal or will amplify the mana attack. "Nice! That's a really powerful weapon you've gotta handle. You've never used them before, right? My cousin, Mathias specializes in qoraiyos, could I ask him to train you?", explained Kaden.

         "I'd like to try figuring them out myself, first", Akari responded, quite satisfied.

         "Well alright you two, get out of my house and go have fun!", exclaimed Aunt Waverly.

         Akari ran to her bedroom and grabbed her damaged bag, throwing it across her shoulder. "You should probably put your qoraiyo away, for now.", said Kaden. "Sure.", Akari responded with a simple response. She shocked the flowers on her qoraiyo, flipped them, and they turned back into a singular coin.