Chapter 3 - Monster's Bed Frame

A/N: I'm a little lost but I'm sure I'll figure more exciting battles. This was only meant to be a start off so it wasn't anything overdone, as there hasn't been much progression yet, we're getting there though!! :>     

         The sticks of metal tips fell into the dark void, as did the pair. Akari was being held bridal-style, eyes shut tightly. That's when Kaden realized. This void is expanding. As if it were so perfect, the two steadily floated down this well, like they were Alice falling down the white rabbit's burrow. "Open your eyes.", said Kaden softly in wonder.

       The fiery girl's tears were accumulating, but she was amazed. It felt as if she was in a gelatin fluid with the way she was descending. Bright, colorful, glowing plants were growing from the boundaries, and poufy orange and purple clouds painted the surrounding space. Blue, amber, and pink petals were flying towards the faraway surface. Following an opposite wind, playing follow the leader.

       They finally hit something. As if someone switched on gravity, Akari and Kadan were pulled instantly. Landing on a pillowed cloud, it was once again dark without the plants to pose as the sun. Akari crawled out of Kaden's arms and rummaged through the pack. Wiping her tears with her heart-felt sleeve, she grabbed a flashlight. She then threw the satchel onto her shoulder and regained her cool composure.

       "Guess you really do have everything, huh?", Kaden started with a grin. "The looks, the flashlight, and what else?", finishing his move by leaning onto his partner. Akari kept her eyes forward, but she snuck through a short glance. "Hey! There's a door, thank goodness, I was starting to get claustrophobic.", exclaimed the Orange eyed teenager. "It's not like the door is a chest full of treasures.", said the girl unamused.

       The party of two clasped the handle of the door together and pulled. And a fresh rivered and flowery smelling oxygen rushed into the tunnel. Akari's gemstone eyes twinkled at the sight. The orbs fluttered to every direction to view and take in the future memory. This forest slept in dream worlds all over. Everything had a pastel palette.

       Akari moved like the soft breeze, flowing around just to watch. When she landed in front of another cherry blossom. Kaden walked up to her asking , "What's different about this one?"

       "This sakura...don't you think it looks exactly like the one we just saw? Doesn't it have the same carvings as the one on the map?"

       Strawberry boy's eyes followed a couple of oddly colored squirrels, who were quite friendly with each other. He placed his hand in hers and lifted them to point at the little creatures. "Don't you think they look like us?", he whispered. Akari made a small "mh" sound and nodded. Kaden lightly pecked his interest's hand. Startled, Akari's cheeks became a little rosier than usual and her curls bounced.

       The flustered female pulled the map back out from her pocket and unfolded it. "We should keep moving."

       "Uh, sure.", Kaden replied hesitantly. The confused male started circling the sakura, searching it high and low. He didn't know what exactly he was looking for, just that there was something wrong in this tree. He could feel it. It was laced with an ominous mood. "Kaden", Akari started.

       "What's up?", he answered, climbing the dark wooded organism.

       "What are you climbing it for, we need to go?", replied the fluffy haired female in a blunt tone.

       "Found it! Come look at this.", said the handsome male. He used a string of mana to draw out a small peach-colored stone with brown markings from a squirrel's den. Now distracted, Akari pricked her figure on a thorn of a Baftalie flower, while holding it. She flinched at the slight pain. Ignoring it, she walked over to Kaden and caressed the stone with her blood-specked finger.

       Suddenly, the atmosphere was heavy and the wind rushed in their faces. "What's going on?", questioned Kaden. "I'm not sure!", exclaimed the worried female. The wind made it hard to hear and suddenly the whole forest went silent. The wind was no longer audible, the animals hid, and the stormy atmosphere continued. "Why did you release me?", asked a whisper. Akari shifted closer to her friend. They both reached for their coins.

       "ANSWER ME! wHy DiD yOu ReLeAsE mE?!", the voice shook. Kaden looked down at the stone, which now lay on the grassy plain next to Akari's delicate flower. 'There's blood on it! One of us must've gotten some on the stone.', thought Kaden. Raven, blue, and yellow scribbles started forming around the pebble. First, two for the eyes, then a mouth, and after a deformed body with a smokey tail. Kaden's charismatic eyes narrowed seriously. "I assure you it was all by accident, you wouldn't mind going back to your realm, would you?", said Kaden while putting an arm around Akari.

      "Haaaauh?! wHy ShOuLd I LeAvE wHeN tHeRe'S cOmPlEtElY gOoD hEaDs To BuY oFf AnOtHeR'S sHoUlDeRs?!", shouted the furious monster in a zestful matter. Akari, unfazed, tossed her charm into the air. Grasping her qoraiyos, she gave Kaden a glance. He nodded, placing three fingers up, he counted down while listening to Fury Monster's rants. And at the moment his index finger ducked, the two ran forward. Strawberry boy's garnet orbs moved left and right as he observed his opponent. He caught his bow and quiver and dashed up a tree. Akari used one ring to shoot herself upward and as she stacked her weapon, Kaden jumped into the air at his highest point, shooting an arrow draped by mana through the flowery hoops. Mana connected the weapons and threw the bow into a frenzy up against the monster's silhouette.

       Suddenly, as the charged dart surged through the conscious fog, a torrent of calmness and peace enveloped Akari. This cast was gentle, the aura was sweet, and there was a kind weakness in the new-found space. A faint voice spoke. The sound was blurred by this energy. 'It feels so nice. I want to stay here. No fear, no hurt, only lightness.', thought Akari. As she shut her eyes, the voice could be understood.

      Akari snapped back into reality. Her green vision became compassionate and she smiled. Tiredly, she said "Is this really your master disguise? Won't you feel the cavity that lies in you? Is it instead a numbing feeling...? Crack it open. Your shell I mean."

       She created a blade from the center of one qoraiyo. As she sliced the Fury Monster's torso, the stone also broke. A small and tranquil flame swallowed all pain the monster endured. As Fury dissipated, their scribbled visions became full and lovely, thankful.

       "Maybe they will be able to survive this hell longer than expected. Amuse me, lowly lives!!", cackled this stalking figure. Too cowardly to show itself.