Chapter 7 - Eat Me.

A/N: I know I took literally forever to write this chapter but I had no idea what to write about. Plus I had to rewrite, I didn't like the first draft. Tell me how you feel about the last few paragraphs, it was my first time trying that out. 

       Why does a field of roses draw you in? How come the vintage, red, wine stain of those petals seduce thee? They almost seem like poison. After all, the carnivorous glares and stabs in those rose field pockets are more dreadful than the prick by one's thorns.

       Softly plucking the crimson, fabric-covered, flower through a tiny snap to be heard. These hands carefully placed the healthy, green, stem of this plant between his teeth. Though most of the rose hung out like a piece of wheat, it laid stylishly from his mouth. With arms carrying a gown of roses, the figure walked with little issue. Those garnet jewels in empty sockets gazed up at the milky-blue morning sky.

       "5:o8 in the morning. Tired. Chilly..Intoxicatingly in love.", muttered the silhouette.

       He paced steadily, passing many noceur organisms. At last, the boy had arrived at the mere steps of a cavity, made hideout. Within, a smaller, more petite person rested. 'Heavy sleepers truly amaze me, really, the slightest sound doesn't jolt you awake in a panic? It could make me envious, Love.', thought the bright eyed boy. However, he delicately placed the gown of roses in his arms onto the stony floor. As he stared at the fair, ginger lady he hurriedly slipped off his sweatshirt. Slowly approaching Akari, he gently pulled her up close to him by her waist. She only made a small grunt, without waking.

       The lad sighed in relief, and quickly slid the jacket over Akari's mane of curls. Placing her down comfortably, he inched away.

       "I won't give myself the chance to indulge in apodyopsis, Nightlight.", Kaden chuckled softly.

'6:o1 in the morning.'

       Kaden dug through Akari's satchel hoping to find a pair of scissors or a boxcutter, or anything sharp. He knew his hands shouldn't be in another's purse but he was sure Akari would have a boxcutter in it! With a discreet pursuit, he finally found a letter opener. Practically a knife, right? With each and every rosebud, Kaden sliced off every thorn. It was grueling and tedious work but for his precious Little Insanity, he'd get the job over with.

                                                                                                 ...

       Every rose was a piece of decorum framing and enveloping Akari in an elysian showcase. With his wheat-hung-like rose in his mouth, Kaden exhaustedly passed out beside his love interest.

7:58 in the morning.

                                                                                                ...

       "You all have eight minutes remaining to complete this assignment if you have not finished previously.", The uninterested woman stated, bearing a glare at Akari. Akari, who had been procrastinating half the class, rushed to snap a look at her worksheet. She began to panic as she couldn't do the math quickly enough. She ceased operation. Losing all sense of common knowledge. Desperately attempting to read and understand these equations, a tall body stood beside her. Towering over her was Kaden. He waited as she tried to work out the challenge, but Akari wasn't able to think with a person leaning beside her and a minimized deadline. Akari reached over and patted the darling boy's head and waved her hands with a "shoo shoo", signaling him to leave. Getting through a bit before another wave of confusion hit her only made her more frustrated.

       The chattering of Akari's classmates made it even more difficult for her to focus, clearly. Apparently, Kaden also could not bring himself to part from Akari at this most annoying moment. He was only making her feel more pressured!