26| What Do You Want?

Chapter 26: What Do You Want?

"This is gonna be amazing, I just know it," Angie said as she drove me to the car wash.

I mumbled my approval, just simply staring out the window.

I was actually hoping to see Ashton, just the same way as I was nervous to. We'd kissed and it'd taken me days to finally realise what that meant once the shock settled.

Friends don't kiss, they don't look at each other the way we do, friends don't get goosebumps when they touch.

We'd made it to the car wash before the boys, Angie had suggested we get the wash started. We'd managed to put up a car wash sign before Alex, Justin and of course, Ashton, showed up in Justin's convertible.

Everything about Ashton looked appealing, his messy dark hair, his blue unbuttoned shirt and dark jean shorts.

Angie skidded over to Alex, wrapping her arms around him in a deep hug.

I could feel Ashton's eye on me and I stared back, everything about him seemed sensual, drawing me like iron to a magnet.

"Hey," he whispered as he wrapped his muscular arms around me, his short sleeved shirt doing well to expose his muscles.

I let my hands rest on his forearms, feeling the heat from him as he leaned to my ears.

"You look hot," he whispered to me. My cheeks went beetroot.

"Ashton... Can we talk for a second?" I said, noticing the curious glare from Justin and Angie, who had already began sneaking pictures. "In private of course."

I dragged him to a corner of the car wash, away from Justin and Angie's prying ears before I turned to him, my ponytail swiping across his broad open chest.

"We should stop this... We're friends, remember?" I said.

Ashton's face contorted into perplexity, he finally smiled, an empty smile, one which didn't carry the charm and charisma he walked with twenty four seven.

"You're scared, you think this is a game to me," he said.

"Is it?" I replied with my own question.

"F*ck not. Do you think I've ever cared about someone so much it hurts? We kissed and it was the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me."

It was the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me.

Yes, I had trust issues and that made me over calculating.

"But if you just want us to be friends, I'm all for it then, Maddie," he said, my name rolling out his tongue with so much smoothness, almost like silk.

"But what do you want, Ashton Malik?" I asked, if whatever this was between us was going to work, we needed to know what we both wanted, what we both needed.

"You," he replied.

"FIRST CUSTOMER OF THE DAY!" I perched over Ashton's broad shoulder to find Angie grinning at our customer.

"We should probably get back to work," I said, patting him on the arm, it was a friendly gesture but also a need to touch him, to feel him.

The boys had agreed to wash the cars while Angie and I just rinsed off with the hose and whatnot.

The place was overwhelmed with customers in no time, mostly thirsty girls who couldn't pass the chance of seeing Ashton, Justin and Alex. All three boys shirtless.

Yeah, I wouldn't pass the chance either.

Everyones face turned to discomfort when a certain Jeep sped into the place, Joey grinning with Veronica beside him.