Chapter 26

"Lady, we should-" Mal was about to speak then had a hand cover her mouth, "Yeah, yeah I know," Irene said, "And call me Irene," the child glanced at Mal. "But let's first buy you some dresses," Irene smiled cheekily.

"What? When did I e-ever agree to this," Mal stuttered, "Hush now, there she is," Irene said guiding workers to Mal. "EEK" Mal let out a noise.

Dress #1 had beautiful colours but the overused of frills ruined it, Irene was disappointed with the design, "Next."

Dress #2 had a great design a nice flowlines and good use of frills it was perfect, but why a bright coloured orange? "Lady, please pass," even Mal didn't like this, "Next."

If you realize the pattern many dresses appeared in front of those 2 girls but none was perfect for Mal. "Maybe we should stop," Mal said dizzily. "No, this last one should be it," Irene was very sure, she had a feeling.

She was correct. "Perfect," Irene smiled softly, "I have no words," Mal was stunned, "Yup, looks like your going to find yourself a date once you step a foot in a ball wearing this," Irene smirked. (The description of the dress will be revealed later on, yes there is going to be a ball. Surprises are fun.)

"Finally," Irene stretched her arms high in the air as she took a big breath of fresh air, "Is it now the time?" Mal asked quietly leaned to Irene's ear, "Yes."

Then in an instant, the girls disappeared into thin air.

"Wait, where did she go?" said a voice, "I don't know, I thought it would be interesting to see wha- AH" another voice screamed, "Who are you?" Irene stared down coldly as she was hugged by Mal.

"Holy, you are full of surprises," a young voice came from one of the two people in hoods, "And you are too, Josiah." Irene smiled, the boy froze, "And Duke of the North son, Darius Acton is here as well, nice isn't it," Irene said with smiling eyes. To some people, it looked cute, however it sent chills.

"Wow, we were caught," Josiah said flabbergasted, "Our presence was clear anyways," Darius shrugged, "You only said that cause your presence was caught by a girl," Josiah glanced, "No response?" Josiah smiled.

"Okay, one thing it's obviously very unlike noble kids to stalk someone, not even higher ranks, but the Emperor's child did?!" Irene scolded. "I know, I know, it might seem weird, let us explain ourselves, after one question," Josiah asked.

"Who are you to question us when you're the one following us?" Irene huffed, Josiah sighed, "One only." Irene nodded in agreement.

"Why did you guys suddenly disappear in thin air out of nowhere," Darius looked at Mal, Irene smirked, "It's my secret weapon," Irene responded with smiling eyes. Irene tapped Mal to put her down.

"Wha-" the boys were in confusion, "Instead of questioning my ways, answer my question, I am the victim here," Irene said eyeing the two nervous boys. "Now to think about it, our reasoning was completely unreasonable," the boys said looking guilty.

Irene raised an eyebrow, having an urge to ask what was the reason, she sighed and decided to look past it. Irene looked Josiah in the eye, sighed "I'm too tired to ask, Mal let's continue our day," Irene pulled Mal away.

They were walking away, as the 2 boys just stood there.

"Care to join us?" Irene turned her back to meet the boys' faces, greeted them with a smile.

"Actually yes," Josiah responded grabbing Darius before the poor boy could respond. Once they caught up, they walked in silence as the girls discussed what they should do. Furthermore, those boys don't know what they just walked into.

"Can we take a break," Josiah huffed out a breath as he was holding 2 bags, same with Darius. Irene smiled gently, "How careless of me, hold these too," Irene handed Josiah 3 more bags of treats, snacks, and gifts.

"I am the Duke's son, not a bag carry," Darius said glaring at Irene, "Oh really, last time I checked, you were following me?" Irene gave a smug smile. Josiah straightened himself, "Punishment accepted."

"Punishment? This?" Irene said sarcastically, "If you're so worked up about us following you, just report it," Darius said a bit irritated in his voice. "Why should I? This is more fun," Irene smirked.

Josiah's eyes widen, and he burst into laughter, Darius looked Josiah sighed, "I'm not even shocked your laughing in this situation, I've been long enough with you to realize your fucking crazy," Darius declared.

The statement made Josiah laugh even louder.

What the hell is up with kids swearing at such young age, Irene looked at the boys feeling a bit overwhelmed.

"Are you done?" Darius asked stepping on his feet, "Yeah yeah I'm done," Josiah said brushing off his shoes. Irene looked at the boys and she realized that the way the boys acted with her was a bit different from last time, by that she thought...

"You guys are a bunch of immature kids in the end," she said out loud without realizing, Irene then was presented with a moment of silence, then she realized, holy shit I said that out loud...

"I am so...not sorry for saying that," Irene said laughing, what she said was the truth anyway.

"Wait what did you think of us in the beginning?" Josiah eyed Irene, "Bunch of no good stalkers," Irene snickered dragging Mal by that arm, "Let's go buy some drinks and take a break somewhere," Irene smiled.

Time flew by quite quickly when you're having fun, sometimes a person doesn't even realize they smiled for most of the day.

"Hahh...I'm tired," Irene said sitting on a bench beside a small refreshment store, "You tired from what? Walking?" Darius said huffing, "Yep," Irene eyed the boys with bags, "Mal will come back with drinks," Irene said sounding sympathetic.

"Oh please, thank you," Josiah replied sarcastically, Irene laughing it off as Darius side-eyed the white-haired girl.

"Oh yeah, Josiah, aren't you the crown prince? Where're your guards?" Irene realizes the fact that the only Crown Prince of this Empire is alone with the only son of the Duke by themselves. Then the boys had an awkward smile on their face, "You guys sneaked out," Irene said after thinking about it.

"Well, we didn't technically sneak out..." Josiah sounded a bit defenseless, "Darius counts as my personal guard so..." Josiah tried the brighten the idea, "We did sneak out," Darius decided to cut to the chase.

Irene looked at them with her big round eyes and laughed, "You're going to get even more trouble if I told them you stalked me too," Irene had an evil grin, it sent shivers down the boy's spine.

"You won't," the boys said, "Oh I will," Irene glared at them, "However, I think you guys already learned your lessons," Irene mentioned as she eyed the bags on the floor.

"Oh Irene, I heard about you fainting in the Count's Residence," Josiah suddenly mentioned as his eyes narrowed, Irene flinched.

"Miss, the drinks are here!" Mal walked in just in time, "Oh did I interrupt anything?" she said sensing the atmosphere, "Not at all, you're actually just in time, I was getting a bit thirsty," Irene laughed grabbing the drinks.

~AUTHOR'S NOTE~

Sorry for ditching you guys for months, I was struggling a bit with stress and pressure, and oh writer's block was fuckin shit. However, I am proud to announce My Next Life as the Neglected Daughter of the Grand Duke has a posting schedule now. Every Friday and Saturday at night time around 8-11 pm EST. If I don't post on the promised day it means I am busy and the chapter will be posted right away by the next day. This chapter had me stuck on months. I think you guys will be disappointed, I apologize for being gone for a while. Grammar are present, however in mornings is when I check.

- ANMU