20 - Hi to you too

"You??" I asked in shock, still trying to process the situation.

"Hi to you too." Miles flashed his signature smile at me.

"How come you're here?"

"I just happened to get on the same bus as you. I'm going to pick someone up. I almost took an Uber but decided otherwise at the very last minute." He explained, clearing the doubts I had. "I'm glad I got to see you though."

He opened his hand in front of me, signaling to mine with his chin. When I hesitated to do what he wanted because I was too shy and because people were around us, he just whispered "It'll be fine" before taking my hand in his and quickly kissing the back of it in the sweetest way possible. As always I went red in the face and turned my head away not being able to hold my smile in but hearing his little laughter made it widen even more.

I was so happy at that moment that I momentarily forgot all about everything else. My mom, the distance between us, wanting to be appreciated and everything in between. I just wanted to have these little cheesy moments and enjoy them with a genuine smile for as long as I could. It was what I needed to get away from my stressful life and I was thankful for this guy beside me for letting me do that.

"Don't tell me you shut down already, I didn't even say the best things yet." I came back down to Earth at Miles' words, feeling him poking my arm to get my attention on him. Without thinking I slapped his hand away.

"Stop poking me idiot!" The realization hit only after I remembered that it was Miles next to me and not Nova, sinking in the fact that I just called him an idiot. "No wait- Hold up. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to call you an idiot I just-"

"You're cute." He chuckled. "If only we could meet regularly, I would do anything for you to let loose like that with me."

My smile faded at his words and he heaved a sigh as well but quickly but on another smile, looking at me with reassuring eyes.

"But it's alright, we can meet each other like this and if I be corny enough, you wouldn't be able to forget me for a long time. My sister used to say that embarrassing moments stay with you way longer than love so I just have to say and do cheesy things to you. You'll get shy and probably be embarrassed of me and boom! You ain't gonna be forgetting me even if you wanted to." Him presenting his theory with a straight face made me giggle.

"It's gonna be my stop next." I looked around and realized suddenly.

"Oh? That's where I'm getting off too. We can spend a little more time with each other before we say bye again." He seemed very happy to spend a few more moments with me and it was such a precious thought for me.

We got off at our stop and walked towards where Miles was supposed to be at to meet the person he came to pick up. I wished the time would freeze to make this moment last longer but to my dismay, it was going to end soon.

"So... I guess I'll stop here. I don't think your mom will be happy to see me." He said and I looked him in the eyes with a doubt coming to my mind.

"You... know?" I asked and he nodded his head, confirming a positive answer.

"I could tell. I kind of got the idea the day I lent you my eraser before your mom came to pick you up early."

He explained and I remained silent, not knowing what to say nor wanting to say anything about the topic. I got reminded of how in his note he told me to delete his number later if I wished to and how he always mentioned he didn't want me to get in trouble because of him. All this time he had known I didn't have the best relationship with mom and he didn't even invade my privacy by forcefully asking me about it.

I focused my attention on him again feeling his hands grab both of mine for the second time of the day, but I didn't shy away from this moment. Instead I kept my gaze on him as he did the same to me, smiling reassuringly just the way he did on the last day of the class.

"It's okay, we'll find a way out. I will wait for you no matter how long it takes so until then you just have to take a good care of yourself for me alright?" He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and I nodded my head to express my agreement. "And before you go, I want to do one last thing. Depending on how you respond, you will either get to go home or I'm gonna keep you here all night."

Before I could understand what he was saying he leaned down and captured my lips with his ones, as if to say there won't be any need for my two braincells to get to work and figure out what his words meant. Without forgetting I started copying his movements as he wanted me to, kissing him back for the first time. One of his hands cupped my cheek and his other hand gave a little squeeze to mine. I felt him wanting to pull back but next moment decide otherwise and keep on going, making me understand that he didn't want to let me go though he was supposed to. However it seemed like he finally mustered up the courage to part his lips from mine, ending our short while of physical contact.

"I hope I'll get to see you soon again." He said with a smile, as if he didn't want me to leave without seeing one. "Now go. Or else your mom will start looking for you." I almost took a few steps back at the reminder but halted in my tracks seeing another person observing the whole thing from just a few feet away.

"Miles? Summer? Did you two just?? What???"

[A/N]
It's gonna be 2022 in just another 30 days
0_0 Y'all I'm not ready yet-