9

aspen

"bro, you're so annoying." i huffed.

"says you, the fuck?" xavier's eyes widened.

"how am i annoying?!" i gasped.

"because you called me annoying."

i narrowed my eyes at him. "you ate my sucker! so of-fucking-course i'm gonna call you annoying!"

"was your name on it? no. it wasn't." he shook his head.

"you two are literal children." claudia teased with a laugh as she walked past the couch we were sitting on, on the tour bus.

"am not." i muttered. i looked towards xavier. "you owe me a sucker."

"yeah, yeah, whatever." he rolled his eyes.

§§§

"come on." billie laughed as she lead me through the hallways of the venue we were performing at tonight.

"i am." i giggled.

she soon pulled me into the green room. there was nobody else in here. she shut the door and locked it before pulling me closer to her and placing her hands on my waist.

"hi." she murmured as she smiled.

"hi." i bit back my own smile.

"you're pretty." she complimented softly as her eyes scanned my face.

"you're prettier." i challenged.

"mm... no."

"mm... yeah."

she let out an adorable giggle at that. she pulled me impossibly closer and rested her forehead against mine.

"can i kiss you?" she asked quietly.

"don't even ask that; just do it." i told her as i lifted my hands to cup her face.

she smiled in response before leaning forward to press her lips to mine. i smiled as i kissed her back.

it's been about a week since that night billie kissed me. since then, nothing has really changed except the fact that we kiss a lot now, and that we're inexplicably shy around each other.

even though the entire internet thinks that we're dating, and our management would probably love it if we actually were, we've kept... whatever it is that we have going on right now, a secret.

like right now, we'll sneak kisses whenever it's only us in the room, or we'll run off somehow to make out. she also always makes me sleep and cuddle with her now. we've had two hotel nights this past week, and both nights, she snuck over to my room to sleep with me.

she's so cute.

the sudden jiggling of the doorknob, followed by a few knocks, made us jump apart. our eyes widened a bit. billie gestured for me to go sit down on the couch that was in here, so i did quickly.

she opened the door, to find out that it was finneas. he sent a smile and said a quick "hey," to the both of us before sitting down in one of the seats in here.

"we've gotta do soundcheck soon." he mentioned.

"i know." billie mumbled as she walked over to sit on the couch next to me.

i was scrolling through instagram. she leaned over to look at my phone with me as i did.

§§§

"but i know some day i'll make it out of here, even if it takes all night or a hundred years. need a place to hide, but i can't find one near. wanna feel alive outside, i can't fight my fears."

as every other show we've done so far, me and billie were singing 'lovely' together. it's probably my favorite part of the show. there's just something about singing on stage with her like this, that i love so much.

after the song was over, as always, billie held her hand up for a high five. i grinned as i hit my hand against her's, and i then smiled even wider as she interlaced our fingers together. she smiled at me and scrunched her nose up adorably.

i don't think i'll ever get over this.

§§§

"you're the best." i murmured to billie.

it's now a while after the show. right after it, me and billie, of course, made out for a bit, before she had to go to her meet and greet.

during her meet and greet though, i had fallen asleep. when billie had came back to the green room, she had gently shook me awake, and then offered to carry me to the tour bus.

and of course, i wasn't gonna deny her offer.

"i know." she giggled as she walked out of the venue.

as we exited the venue though, we were met by a group of fans. they squealed as they saw us, and i heard a few gush about how cute we are.

"hi, babies!" billie grinned as she walked over to them.

"hi." i murmured sleepily as i sent them a small wave before clinging onto billie a bit tighter.

we talked to them for a bit, and we even took a few pictures with them, before we had to leave.

"i gotta go get them sleepyhead in the bed." billie had told them teasingly, which had earned a small grunt in response from me.

"you wanna sleep with me tonight?" she asked softly as she got onto the tour bus. i nodded against her neck. "alright, bet."

she walked to her bed in the back of the tour bus. she sat me down on the edge of the bed, and i slipped my shoes off.

i had already changed to a pair of sweats and a hoodie after the show, so i laid back on the bed. i heard billie laugh to herself before slipping her shoes off as well. she laid in the bed too, and she pulled me into her embrace.

i buried my head into her chest, and i wrapped my arms around her.

"go on to sleep," she told me gently. "i'll be here when you wake up."

"promise?" i asked.

"i promise." she assured.

"pinky promise?" i lifted my pinky to hold it out towards her.

"yeah, i pinky promise." she giggled as she linked her pinky with mine.

"okay," i mumbled. "i take pinky promises very seriously, so don't break it. i'ma be mad if you do."

"i won't, i swear." she reassured before pulling me impossibly closer.

§§§

a/n ayooo

thoughts?

any predictions?

anything you wanna see?

how are y'all doing?

words:
1030