Chapter 18

WARNING MENTION OF SUICIDE.

Nate POV

I had to stay three days at hospital for more check ups and today I was finally going home. I haven't spoken to anyone yet and I asked Felix to stay with me he said he will.

After reaching home Felix and I went in my room I just wanted to be away from others and I sat on my bed he came and sat on his knees in front of me.

"I have been mad at them for two months now so I get what you feel. But I think it's time to talk to them?." I shook my head.

"They gave up on me. My parents gave up and I feel horrible thinking about it. You could also give up but you didn't because you believed I would come for you but they didn't." I sniffed he sat next to me and took me in his embrace.

After a while we laid on bed and he held me tight afraid I would disappear if he loosen his grip. I thought about approaching my parents and friends but I still needed time. As it says Time heals everything.

"What exactly happened while I was gone?" He sighed. And told me how Derek called him when he found me how he threatened the doctor and how he sticked by my side throughout the 7 months and how he actually almost killed my bullies but the officer helped him and arrested them and how he's father asked his forgiveness.

"- everything was horrible without you , I-I just couldn't leave you alone every time I close my eyes I see you laying on school field lifeless bleeding. I couldn't bring myself to let you go. You're precious to me Nate. You're everything to me. I j-just need you." He sniffed "I can't lose you." He whispered. I wiped his tears.

"I'm here baby." He looked into my eyes.

"It's not dream right? Am not going to wake up not finding you by my side right?" He asked desperately. I feel like I need to be strong for him now.

"No I am here for real. You're stuck with me forever." He nod his head and repeated the same word.

"Forever."

************

A week passed and I was getting better Felix cooked us lunch and we were eating in my room.

"I am thinking to talk to them. So ask them to be here." He nodded his head knowing who I was talking about. After eating I took my medicines and went for shower I came out and wore black sweatshirt and shorts. And made my hairs and Felix came back in room he smiled. It hurts that once I loved his smile but now that smile was gone. I promise to get it back. I walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips he kissed back and I felt salty tears in my mouth so I pulled back.

"Sorry." He awkwardly chuckled I wiped his tears.

"I promise not to leave your side ever again." He's tears were falling again. I hugged him tight he tightened his arms.

"Thank you for coming back." He whispered. I pulled back and pecked his lips. And I wiped his face and held his hand and we walked now to living room. My parents , his father and all our friends including Derek were sitting. Everyone smiled I smiled back. Felix and I sat on sofa. Everyone was quiet. It was uncomfortable.

"We're so sorry son." My father broke the silence and my mom was sobbing.

"Please forgive us." Kai spoke behalf of everyone.

"Fine you'll are forgiven but then still thank you for giving up on me when I needed you'll." The sarcasm in my voice was loud and clear. Everyone looked guilty I sighed. "Fine it's ok I actually forgive everyone." My parents stood up and came to me and took me in their embrace. After that Kai held me and cried and repeatedly apologized as well as Aiden and Nolan. Felix father surprisingly hugged me and told he's glad I'm fine.

"Can I talk to you Nate?" I looked at Derek I nod my head and we were walking to my room but Felix looked unsure so I pecked his lips to assure him that it will be fine.

"I'll be fine." He nod his head Derek and I walked to my room and I sat on bed he sat on chair.

"Nate first of all I am genuinely sorry second thing whenever I bullied you it wasn't because I hated you it was because I was pissed at my baby brother. I know this ain't excuse but you look exactly like my brother who committed suicide when he was just 15 and I couldn't be there for him." I gasped knowing about his younger brother Derek was crying I didn't know how to comfort him so I pat the next to me so he walked and sat on bed next to me. I wrapped my arms around him he's tears fell again.

"He was my baby brother I thought he had everything he needed my parents used to get him whatever he wanted he was everything to us and he looked happy and one night I walked to his room he was sleeping I was about to leave but noticed he looked lifeless I went to wake him he didn't move and I saw a paper on his night stand.

It says he was being bullied everyday that one day he thought that was it. So he had killed himself in that letter he said he loved us all so much and he was sorry. I still have the letter but I hid it and I lost my mind when I lost my baby brother.

I became the meanest person I stopped talking to my parents I pushed everyone away. You may not know I once was so close to Kai and I was friends with Felix but after that I pushed them away. But the day I saw you I saw my brother instead so I pushed you and you fell. But 7 months ago I was back to take my bag from the field and saw you laying lifeless that's when I heard my brother's voice crying and calling me to help him.

When I saw you I was like I couldn't help my brother but I can help you before it's too late. So I tried saving you. Am sorry Nate for making you're life hell I am really sorry I miss my brother so much ever since that night and you went in coma everyday I keep reading my brother's letter." He was sobbing I wiped my own tears and held him tight and told him I forgive him and he call me his brother.

"You saved me Derek , you saved me."

---------------------------------------------

Who likes Derek?