C h a p t e r 11

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Man, Nendou almost gave me a heart attack

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Man, Nendou almost gave me a heart attack."

Currently stood in a dark classroom stood Kaidou, Kuboyasu, Hairo, Chiyo, Teruhashi, Mera and y/n, watching a certain pink haired boy walk out of the school grounds.

Kaidou's complaint was about earlier on in the day, referring to Nendou almost giving away their secret plans to Saiki.

The group was planning on throwing a surprise party for his supposed birthday, preparing to show their appreciation to the boy.

"He was this close to ruining our big hustle." Aren responded. Along with Teruhashi's glow, the only light that currently illuminated the room was his and Mera's glasses.

"You almost tipped him off too, Chiyo." Teruhashi scolded, Chiyo quickly apologising after.

"Wait, where is Nendou?" Hairo asked.

"Played it safe and sent him home. There's no way his pea brain can keep up with our planning. When you've been planning for as long as we have you can't afford to fail, now let's start the meeting." Kaidou rolled open a plan to surprise Saiki. The page contained a suspiciously large amount of information.

The lights turned on and everyone gathered around to look at the plan, "At long last operation surprise Saiki is kicking off tomorrow."

"They're even ganging up on me." What majority of the group didn't know was that Saiki was stood outside the classroom, listening to every word.

Kaidou began to eagerly explain his plan, "So, after school, Aren and I will go up to him and say "wanna hang?" We'll then go to my house aka party central, of course we won't mention his birthday, and when we get there I'll just say "I'm getting a drink." That's Aren's sign to take him into the room. Aren will then set off a party cracker, and you'll all say happy birthday! And then I'll bring the cake in and the surprise will be a big success!"

"I can't wait to see the look on his face!" Teruhashi exclaimed.

Saiki stood behind the door with a defeated look on his face. Honestly, he wasn't at all surprised at the thought of his friends messing up his birthday but he hadn't expected y/n to go along with their idiocy. However, she had been silent so far, so perhaps she was suspecting something.

"So, did everyone remember to get Saiki a birthday present?" Kaidou asked the group.

With the exception of y/n, everyone began talking over each other, bragging about their gifts. Hairo grabbed his present however the group was unable to identify it due to the white sheet covering the object.

"What did you buy Hairo?"

Hairo pulled the sheet down, revealing a very detailed wooden statue, "Oh, I didn't buy this it's a wooden Buddha statue that I made by hand I thought about Saiki with every cut, took forever to get right, I've never carved anything before."

The group quickly got over the detailed statue Hairo carved and moved onto Teruhashi and Chiyo's present.

"We're putting more than that into ours aren't we?" Chiyo glanced at Teruhashi with a smug look.

Teruhashi laughed, "That's right."

The two opened up their plans to reveal a cake with Saiki's face on it, the sheet contained instructions and labels. With just one glance anyone could tell that they had clearly put a lot of effort into it.

"Seriously that's awesome!" Aren cheered setting off everyone else to compliment it too.

After waiting for the group to calm down, Aren began to introduce what he and Mera had prepared, "Cakes good but check out what Mera and I did. We put a brand new spin on the old birthday card."

"Yeah he's going to flip out when he sees it."

The two pulled out a CD and put it into the tv that had suddenly appeared, oddly enough, nobody questioned it.

The video contained a few unfamiliar people wishing Saiki a happy birthday. It was quick and simple but due unable to know of the relationships the people had with Saiki, the group had guessed it was heartwarming enough.

"And that's about all the acquaintances we could find." Aren said as he switched off the tv.

"Even these folks were hesitant to go on camera." Mera added.

Kaidou finally got ready to reveal his gift, "Well, I think the video, cake and Buddha are great, I guess mines pretty boring. All I did was write him a silly little letter from the heart." He pulled out a mysterious black envelope with golden patterns decorating the corners.

Seeing the card, the group encouraged him to read it and, after a while, Kaidou finally gave in. Opening the card, he began to read.

"Dear Saiki, I know you'll think it's over dramatic of me to write you a letter, but that's okay. You're a great friend who I share many precious memories with. Anyway, thanks to you I met everyone else who brought joy to my life in so many ways too. I know it's sappy but it's true. It's good to know that you're always looking out for me and I wanna be a better person because of you. Thank you for being born. Happy birthday, from Kaidou."

Once he had finished reading he and everyone else had began tearing up, moved by the sudden raw emotion that was rarely ever truly expressed. Well, most of them were crying. Save for the one girl who's face had turned blank. Y/n's lips were pressed into a firm line and her eyebrows were furrowed, as if in deep thought.

She was clearly disinterested in the conversation. In fact, she stopped listening a while ago. To be honest, y/n couldn't care less about the fact it was Saiki's 'birthday' she had known the actual date beforehand.

Originally, y/n wasn't even going to bother playing along but that was before she had realised she could take advantage of the situation. If her plan goes correctly then the 'special' present she had prepared could benefit her greatly. With this, Saiki would fall into her trap allowing her to control him and his-

"Y/n, you've been quiet this whole time. What did you get Saiki?" Kaidou interrupted her train fo thought. Y/n's face shifted back into it's usual calm tone.

"Oh, it's nothing too special, but it did cost me quite a bit."

Y/n reached into her bag and pulled out a small black box, slowly opening it to reveal a simple silver ring with the letter 'S' engraved into it.

Despite the simplicity of the gift, everyone seemed to be enamoured with it.

"Wow, Saiki sure is lucky." Hairo said, eyes still glued to the ring.

"From this angle it looks like she's proposing." Kaidou whispered to himself with a red face.

Y/n smirked, knowing the true capabilities of the ring.

She couldn't wait to give it to him.