❥ 33. Souris

Souris (noun)
Smiles and laughter

♡♡

“I’m back”

“I’m back”

The abrupt scream made Mahira loose hold of her things, her phone went crashing down towards the tiled floor, her black diary all scattered, leaflets falling out of it along with her pens which rolled to the corners of the cabin.

She clutched her chest, breathing heavily as the panic surged in her veins, scared and startled from the body barging inside her door.

“You..You scared me” she sighed accusing the person, shaking head at the innocent dimpled smile passed back to her. Honey pools twinkling in amusement and mischief.

“You should have grown used to this Mahi. This craziness is not lessoning anytime soon” Sakshi commented, eyes mocking her best friend at the door.

Vandita Nair rolled her eyes striding inside she dumped her camera bag on the desk, pushing Sakshi’s files to the edge letting them fall in her lap.
Sakshi glared at her.

“You’re used to this Verma” Vandita chimed smugly.

Mahira calmed her racing heart and bend down to pick her diary and arranged it. Vandita passed her the pens.

“Thank you” she murmured.

She then picked her phone screen and checked it for damage. The screen was cracked too bad for Mahira’s liking. She grimaced seeing its condition.

“I’m sorry” Vandita pouted seeing her phone damaged.

Mahira pushed the power button. Once, twice, thrice but the device never switched back to power. She flipped the phone and tried to fix the opened back case. She tried to turn it on again, when the Device suddenly vibrated and she took a sigh of relief knowing it will work, live.

“First minute back in office and you already gave Mahi heart attack. What more you going to do being here?” Sakshi asked cockily, eyes amused seeing Vandita scowl at her.

“Wow! Your friend was gone for three whole weeks…”

“Two weeks and four days” Sakshi corrected.

“Whatever. But you don’t care. You welcome me like this” Vandita gritted, her eyes threw a glare at her and turned towards Mahira. “You tell me Mahi. How are you? How is that hot husband of yours?”

Seeing the attention towards her Mahira perked up on her seat, processing her words and lacing them properly. “Good. We both are good”
“They are going Good but not on a honeymoon” Sakshi piped. “Such a handsome husband and a stunning wife but they love their work more than anything. How I wish to send these two packing for a gateway. I want to be an aunt!” She demanded teasingly.