❥ Epilogue

🦋 A Thousand years

♡♡

"Ready for the end?"

The words made her smile which reached her eyes, Her face blooming like flowers in spring. Beautiful and spreading their fragrance in the air.
"You look so happy, I feel like, I released you from prison" The forty-something man infront of her shook his head in amusement, he closed his notepad and placed it assigned. His fingers laced together and he leaned against his chair as his experienced eyes took her happy features.

"That's not how it is Doctor" Mahira smiled sheepishly when in reality she felt highly same. Free from all the burdens, and clutches of past and regular pursuits her husband did for her to keep continuing with her sessions.

"I can so believe you, lady. So very convincing." He commented.

"Sorry, Mr. Rahman" Mahira grimaced playfully and sneaked a glance at his watch timer. There were more than twenty minutes for this Session, her last session to get over.

"Okay, I got the hint, Mrs. Malik. I'll let you go now. I hope I was able to help all this time and I suggest you practice what we have learned in the past months. Pause, Take some rest before you get back to thinking and assuming. I hope you'll remember what we have talked about Mahira." Doctor Adil Rahman told her with his ever-calming tone. "And I'm so glad that you're this happy at the end of our time. Therapy is not something to keep taking, It's about changing our thought process, letting go of what is pestering us, and walking ahead with your chin held high in a search of life. Enjoy this life we have got instead of confining ourselves in our comfort zones. I hope you'll remember it all."

"I will doctor. Everything you have taught me and made me realize in all these days" She smiled genuinely and picked her things up to leave.

The doctor followed.

"I hope not to see you in this room back" He forwarded his hand and Mahira took it happily, her happiness was radiating.

Grinning, she opened the door, walking out with a jump in her steps.

"Ya Allah is bacchi ko saari khushiyan de" (Allah, Give this child every happiness) Dr. Rahman muttered and walked back to his tablet, the screen showing his list of appointments. Muttering a silent prayer he tapped the button to call the next on the list.

Striding to the lobby, her eyes searched for the man who kept his promise of waiting for her. Her brows raised in amusement seeing women stealing glances at the man busy in his call at the end of the corridor, he was pacing the small distance continuously speaking in his handset, eyes staring at the tiled floor. His dark blue suit and pastel shirt reflected in the mirror walls.

Taking leisurely steps towards him, she was betting for him to notice her coming towards him.

She came a few feet near him and his eyes snapped up, his blank face blooming in love, black eyes- though covered behind a pair of black frames made her giddy.