23

😗sorry for any mistakes

Atlanta GAJuly 19thMonday

Atlanta GA
July 19th
Monday

"Jermaiah?" Kimoria said softly, walking into the dark bedroom.

He was up, but he was just staring into nothing

She wanted to turn the lights on but she didn't want to upset him even more.

The end of July and the beginning of August is always hard on Jermaiah.

Usually, he would say something or ask her to bring Jounri home but today he didn't. Kimoria was calling and texting him to see if he forgot or if he asked her and she just forgot but he wasn't answering.

In the middle of her calling him, she saw the date on her phone and remembered.

It was the passing dates of both of his parents. His mom passed July 19th when he was 18 and his dad passed August 4th when he was 10.

Even tho it's been years, it still hurts. His dad hanging from the ceiling still hunts him a lot, especially around this time.

Kimoria's eyes adjusted as she walked towards the bed. 

She sighed as she took her camp shirt off and sweatpants, getting in the bed laying next to him. 

She softly tapped him making him turn over to her. She held her arms for him making him scoot closer to her.

He laid his head on her chest while she rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wanna talk about it?" she asked softly. She didn't know what else to say, and she didn't want to say the wrong things.

It was silence for a minute before he spoke.

"My dad committed suicide when I was 10" He blurted out lowly making her eyes widened

"Huh?" she asked shocked

"That's how he died, I was the one dat found him," He said.

He started seeing visions of his dad hanging from the fan with a belt around his neck and a chair kicked over.

That has been replaying over and over in his head recently.

"I-" Kimoria was lost of words. She knew how his mom passed but never his dad because he never spoke on it, but she sees why.