Mechanics

SUMMARY: There's something wrong with Spencer's car, and the one person willing to fix it happens to be his biggest downfall.
CONTENT: Penetrative + unprotected sex, car sex, mild language.

———

Spencer was late again. And what's worse was that he knew he was one step closer to his car breaking down for good.

It wasn't a secret that he didn't do much driving, but in order to get to Y/N's house, he had to drive. Usually he'd get a ride from one of the other team members but as of late he'd decided to drive a little more often. Try something new.

Now that he was late for the fourth time in a row, though, he was starting to second-guess that decision.

"Maybe you should take your car in to get fixed," Emily suggested, once he'd been let in and they all finally sat down to eat.

"Maybe he should just get a newer one," Derek quipped. "That thing's a piece of junk. No offense."

Spencer sighed. "Yeah, I know it's a piece of junk. But it's all I've got and I really don't think I can afford to get a new one... Or to even get it looked at."

"You know... I could take a look at it if you want," said a voice from his left.

Immediately Spencer's heart beat a little faster. When he looked over, Y/N was smiling sweetly, setting down her glass of wine. "R—Really?"

"Mhm," she continued. "I practically grew up in the garage with my dad, and I helped run his shop a few years after I graduated high school. I can take a look, it won't be a problem at all."

"Oh, y—you don't have to," Spencer stammered out.

"You've been late to dinner four times in a row now, and she's offering to help you for free," Morgan said. "Sounds like a good deal to me, kid."

"Really," Y/N said, "it's not a problem."

He couldn't have turned her down even if he wanted to. With the way she was giving him the prettiest smile and the kindest eyes he'd ever seen, it was practically impossible to deny her anything.

So, he smiled shyly and nodded. "Okay. Thanks, Y/N."

She winked at him and he tried his hardest to will his cheeks not to flush. Thankfully, everyone seemed to occupy themselves by asking Y/N about her work as a mechanic, so immersed in her backstory that they didn't notice him failing miserably.

———

Everyone had already left by the time Spencer and Y/N made it out to the car. Since it was almost 10 PM and dark, she asked him to pull the car into the garage, where she had more light.

She moved her car out onto the road so he'd have room, and as he drove it up he already started to feel like he was inconveniencing her. He just had to remember that she'd offered her help and wanted to do this, and it wasn't an inconvenience at all. Maybe then he could relax. Because friends did things like this for each other all the time...

It wasn't a big deal, so he needed to stop making it such a big deal, he thought promptly as he put the car in park and got out.

Y/N was making her way up to the car with a smile and rolling up her sleeves. "Alright, let's see what we're working with."

"Oh, uh, I can get out of your way if—"

"Don't worry," she reassured, waving her hand as she took his keys and went to the hood of the car. "I'm gonna have to ask you some questions anyway. How long have you had the car?"