Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A good night's sleep was enough to tell Lyla that she wasn't sure if she had made the right decision anymore. She wasn't sure if staying with Landon was a good idea and maybe she should have just gone home with her brother last night.

But Landon had been good to her, she gave him that. He respected her privacy and left her alone when she asked. He also gave her a good meal and a nice place to sleep. He even said that he wouldn't stop her from going to school which was a good thing.

But ever since seeing Landon like that last night, Lyla felt a pull towards him. She felt that she wanted to be close him and she had no idea why that was. She barely knew this guy and she wanted him with her. Wasn't that just a little bit wrong? That was what Lyla had been brought up to believe.

But it was time to stop thinking of that and get ready for school. Hamish had dropped by early this morning and he dropped off the things that Lyla would need for school. He didn't stay long because he had to get to his own classes himself. But he said that he would call and check and see how Lyla was going and Lyla was glad of that. He was the best big brother she could have ever asked for.

Lyla pulled herself out of bed and made her way down stairs. She smiled when she saw the romantic breakfast that Landon had cooked up for her. Pancakes. Maple syrup. Ice cream. How did Landon know that Lyla loved pancakes for breakfast? Maybe he wasn't as bad as she first thought he was.

"Good morning, darling," said Landon when Lyla tentatively came into the kitchen.

"Good morning," replied Lyla.

"Don't worry, it is just us this morning," said Landon when he saw his mate's fear, "sit down."

Lyla sat down and looked at the food in front of her. If Landon was trying to impress her, he was going about it the right way.

"I know you don't know me very well and we haven't been able to get to know each other under the best circumstances."

"That's an understatement."

"That's why I cooked this breakfast for this morning. We can talk."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Landon hoped that this worked. He only had two weeks to make Lyla fall in love with him and if it didn't work he didn't know what he would do. Landon needed his mate with him and if she didn't want to stay, Landon knew he would do something that he would regret. He would make her stay her under lockdown so she couldn't go anywhere. And that would be because of his wolf, not him.

"You said that you would explain things to me last night after I got some sleep," said Lyla, "I am ready to hear that explanation."

"I thought you would say that," replied Landon.

"So, start talking."

"Well, as you know, I am a werewolf."

"I know."

"And a werewolf needs his mate."

"I know that as well."

"A werewolf can be mated to anyone, from what I have learned. A vampire, a witch, or a human, like you. And I have got the privilege of being mated to you, a human. It is rare for a supernatural and a mortal to be mated but I know that I feel strongly for you, just as any other werewolf would be with his supernatural mate."

"Okay, so we are mates and you feel strongly for me. What about this Luna stuff?"

Normally, Lyla would refuse to listen to anything about werewolves and she refused to initiate a conversation about it. But today was different because she had now seen that werewolves existed and she was apparently mated to one, she needed to ask questions and they needed to be answered. So that was why she was the one who was asking questions.