Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The drive to the house was going to be a long one but Lyla didn't care because she just wanted to be safe. And she was also so happy about yesterday and she really enjoyed spending time with her mother yesterday. That was something that Lyla had wanted to do for a long time and she finally did it, making her so happy.

Landon said that Lyla was going to love it at the house. It was so big and it was like a palace. It was given to Landon by his parents when he inherited the pack and it had been in his family for years. It may have been a little old but it was well kept and it was an amazing house. And it was going to be a great place to keep Lyla safe.

"I am ready to go," said Lyla when she came into Landon's office. He was just finishing off some work that needed to be finished now. He was taking work with him on the trip and that was able to be put off for a little while. But there were things that weren't able to be put off so Landon wanted to get them out of the way.

"So am I," said Landon as he patted his knee, "come here, darling."

Lyla came and made herself comfortable on Landon's knee, wondering what he wanted her for.

"You don't need to worry. I am going to look after you," said Landon.

"I know you will," replied Lyla.

"Can I kiss you?"

Ever since Landon and Lyla met, Landon had been very respectful of Lyla. They had shared a kiss now and then and they had even slept together but Landon had never gone further with Lyla than she wanted and he didn't want to hurt her. So that was what he was doing now, taking things very slow with Lyla and she was happy about that. She was comfortable with it because this was a very confronting world she was in and even relationship. So Lyla was glad that Landon was setting a slow pace.

"I don't think you have to ask anymore, Landon," said Lyla.

"Why's that?" asked Landon.

"Because I love you."

"What was that, darling?"

"I love you."

Landon smiled and brushed his hand over Lyla's cheek. He was respecting the pace that Lyla wanted this relationship to go at but he had been waiting for such a long time to hear her say that she loved him. It made him feel so happy to hear that the Luna of his pack loved him and of course he loved her back. He was going to have to tell her because clearly she was waiting for an answer.

"And I love you as well, darling. You are more than I could ever ask for," said Landon.

"Really?" asked Lyla.

Landon nodded, "I never thought that I could fall in love with a human but I have."

"And I never thought that I could fall in love with a werewolf but I have."

"I figured that. And I think I have a surprise for you that is going to make you love me even more."

"What?"

"You can come out now," said Landon as he looked to the large wardrobe in his office. It didn't house clothes, though. It housed papers and papers and papers and anything else that could be found in an office. But it also housed something different today and Landon knew that Lyla was going to love it.

"Gabi?" Lyla beamed when he best friend stepped out. She was not expecting this and she was not expecting to see her friend with a suitcase. This was so exciting, "what are you doing here?"

"Landon said something about you going away. He asked me if I wanted to come and I said yes," replied Gabi.

"This is great. I am so glad you are here."