Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Landon wasn't kidding when he said that he was going to introduce Lyla as the pack Luna. It had been a few days since he told her that he needed to and ever since then, Landon had been tucked away in his office so he could organise the ceremony.

Now it was Friday night and tomorrow, Lyla would be introduced to the pack as their Luna. Didn't the wolves find it a bit weird that they were asking a human to be the Alpha female of their pack? Lyla knew nothing of this world until she found out that Landon was her mate and even then she refused to believe in werewolves. Clearly a lot had changed.

And clearly Lyla's feelings for Landon had changed. She didn't know how and she didn't know why but she was still falling in love with him and she wanted to stay with him. He now had a few more days to convince Lyla to stay but she had already been convinced. She wanted to stay and nothing was going to change her mind. Except maybe the Luna thing, if it got too much for her.

With that, Lyla decided it was time to find out more about this ceremony. If she was going to have to be a part of it, the main part of it, she wanted to find out what it was about. And she was going to make Landon give her the answers she wanted. There were to be no secrets, and Lyla was going to make sure that Landon knew that.

She made her way to the office and knocked on the door. Landon answered in his formal voice, because he didn't know who it was, but as soon as he saw that it was his mate, his eyes lit up. He then looked to the guy who was in the office, "you are excused, Bailey."

"Yes, Alpha," replied the guy who Lyla had learnt was Bailey.

Lyla couldn't help noticing the look of longing in Bailey's eyes as he walked past her. And then she couldn't help hearing the growl that was rumbling in Landon's throat, "stand down, pup."

Bailey turned to look at Landon, "sorry, Alpha."

"Leave. Don't try that again."

Bailey dipped his head and left the office.

"What was that about?" asked Lyla as she sat on the couch in Landon's office.

"He's a wolf hoping to have some fun with someone else's mate," replied Landon.

"Me?"

"Don't worry, darling, I will protect you. He won't lay a finger on you."

"Are you sure?"

"When I say I will protect my mate, I mean it."

"Then I guess I believe you."

"Good. Now, why have you come to see me?"

"How is the ceremony organising coming along?" asked Lyla.

"Do you know much about planning a wedding, darling?" replied Landon.

Lyla shook her head, speechless. Landon wasn't planning a wedding, was he?

Landon chuckled, "it's nothing like that. I was just going to say that people complain about how hard it is to organise a wedding."

"Yeah, go on," replied Lyla.

"Planning a wedding is nothing compared to planning this type of ceremony."

"Why?"

"There is so much work that needs to be done. And the ceremony is tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? So soon?"

"You need to be the Luna of the pack sooner rather than later, darling. And tomorrow it has to be done."

Lyla cringed. She had been trying to convince herself that being the Luna of the pack could have been not all that bad but she was expecting a little more time to prepare herself. Now she was going to be introduced to the pack tomorrow and she had no more time to prepare herself. That was a scary thought and Lyla didn't want to think about it. It was too much.