Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The next morning, Cale skipped his breakfast and stayed at his room for a day.

Dokja feels something was wrong and decided to knock on his brother's bedroom while hoping his brother would open the door.

Not long after a really hoarse voice come out from inside the room.

"Come in."

Dokja opened the door and was really surprised to see the sight in front of him.

"Hyung, are you alright?"

His hyung, his stoic and cold hyung is sitting on his bed, his eyes swollen red as if he had cried for the whole night. Many book were placed on top of his thigh and his face was as red as the tomatoes Dokja always come to hate.

Dokja leap up to his hyung and placed his hand on Cale's forehead.

And just like what he thought, his hyung's body is burning like a fire.

"Hyung! You had a high fever! Why don't you tell the servant about this?"

Cale didn't answer just whispered something that Dokja can't hear.

Seeing the unresponsive Cale, Dokja clicked his tongue. "I will call the doctor immediately."

Cale grabbed Dokja's sleeve, preventing him to go.

"D- Don't go. Stay here."

Cale's pleaded. His eyes full of unknown sorrow and Dokja couldn't just ignore his hyung's selfish wish.

"B- but I must call the doctor for you. It would be bad if your condition worsen."

The look on Cale's gaze immediately change to his usual cold and stoic expression.

"Stay. Here." He demands.

Cale tidied up the books and placed it on top of the drawer.

Dokja just stood there dumbfounded don't know what to do.

Seeing that, Cale pulled Dokja to his bed and gestured him to sleep beside him. It reminds him of the time he spent with Cale the day after their mother's death.

They would cry together and hug each other until they are sound asleep.

"Hyung.... As I though you must go see the doctor."

"Don't bother. I just need a bit of sleep. I am tired after reading these novel all-night."

"Novel?"

'So, his hyung become sick like this because he stayed up all night reading a novel?'

Dokja peeked over at the book on top of the drawer.

It is too far and out of his reach but he can saw the cover clearly.

'It is not a book their library has.'

It is not an exaggeration to say that Dokja had read all of the book in the library and memorize the cover and the story especially novel.

That is why he can be sure there is no book like that on the library.

"Is that the novel you mentioned?" he gestured to the book on top of the drawer. "I never saw it before."

"Someone gave it to me. He told me to read it and when I finished, he just come up of nowhere and give me the next volume. It goes on until I read the last volume and read the ending." Cale said sheepishly.

Dokja could clearly see the bags under his hyung's eyes got darken than usual.

He looked again at the pile of book.

That sure is a lot.

"Someone? Is it someone that I know?"

"I dunno. For me he is total stranger." Cale said nonchalantly.

"And you let the said stranger to just come and go to your room like that? Why don't you call out the guard hyung? What if that stranger was up to something? He could be an assassin or kidnapper." Dokja said full of worry.

Cale shuts his eyes not caring for Dokja's stressed sigh.

He is in badly need of sleep.

Reading these books is quite taxing.

Psychologically.

"Dokja." Cale called.

"Yes, hyung?"

"I love you." Cale opened his eyes observing Dokja's reaction.

Dokja flinched. Never expecting a confession to come suddenly like this from his hyung.

"You must always remember these words. We are family. All of the person in this household is family and we all love you. Don't ever think you are alone or not worthy of our love."

Dokja can't say anything and just stares straight to Cale, tears brimming on his eyes.

Cale smiled, moving closer to kiss Dokja's forehead. "We all love you. So, you need to love yourself more. Be selfish and do what you want."

'Sniff.'

Cale patted Dokja's head and it just make Dokja cries more.

"Haha..... I am the one who should treat hyung, but instead I am the one who got pampered himself."

Dokja buries his head on Cale's chest.

He could hear the sound of Cale's faint heartbeat and gradually calmed down.

"I am your brother. Of course, I will always pamper you."

*