Seventy-five

About a week later, I was up and walking.

I didn't walk fast and I was just experiencing some discomfort but I still enjoyed the small walks that Freddie took me on.

We were staying at the Burrow until tomorrow when we were going back to the flat.

George had already gone back to work at the shop. He had told us that death eaters would enter the shop every single day to keep a watch on him.

We were all being watched.

Fred and I had barely even talked about the fact that I had been pregnant when I got stabbed.

I think neither of us wanted that conversation.

I didn't know what he was thinking about it — if he would've wanted to keep it.

I certainly didn't.

I wasn't going to be a mother at nineteen so even if I didn't lose it, I would most likely have ended up getting an abortion.

"What do you want to do when we get back to London?" I asked as Fred and I walked together in the hills where the Burrow was located.

"Nothing. You're gonna continue resting until that scar is healed."

I groaned.

"Freddie..." I whined, tilting my head.

"No." He laughed. "Don't Freddie me. You need to be taking it slow. You've already ripped that wound open the same day you woke up and if you do that again, I might just kill you myself."

I smiled as I nudged him with my elbow.

"Romantic."

"I know." He grinned. "Being romantic is my speciality."

I turned towards him and reached for his arm to make him stop walking. When he looked at me, I slipped my hand down to his and tugged him closer to me.

I smiled innocently as I looked up at him. His hazel eyes met mine and a smile tugged on the corners of his lips.

His eyes left mine and instead he scanned my face.

"Kiss me." I whispered, causing his eyes to flick back up to mine.

He took a step closer to me, his body almost touching mine. He let go of my hand to run it along my neck and I placed my hand around his wrist.

"Kiss me." I whispered again, and this time, he duck his head down and caught my lips with his.

I ran my other hand up his chest, clutching his shirt as I kissed him back.

It had been a while since we had been this close.

With me recovering, we didn't exactly have the time to be making out or even cuddling.

Fred rested his hand against the nape of my neck, tilting my head further back as the kiss grew hungrier.

Mid-kissing, I hissed and broke away from the kiss, bending over with an arm wrapped around my stomach.

Fred immediately panicked, wrapping an arm around me to support my weight.

"Shit... Kai, are you alright? See, I told mum you weren't ready to go out—"

I broke into laughter while straightening up, and Fred slowly let his arm drop from around me while staring at me in disbelief.

"I absolutely hate you." He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "That wasn't funny."

I shrugged, continuing to laugh for a moment before smiling widely up at him.

"I thought it was." I said as I reached up and grabbed onto his shirt, pulling him down.