i. the marauders

Callie opened her eyes slowly. She tried to adjust to the brightness of her surroundings. Thankfully her chestnut locks acted as blinders from a blazing light in front of her even though they weren’t long. She kept blinking to clear out the blurry vision and tried to focus on what was the blazing orange and warm light on her front.

She could still feel the wand and map in her hands. In her back pocket, her cellphone. Her face was buried on a soft velvety cushion that almost reminded her of her bed. Almost.

But as soon as her vision cleared, she jumped up from lying down as though she was struck by lightning. Her eyes widened in panic as she looked around what should be not a familiar room. 

What greeted her wasn't her shelf full of merchandise nor her study table full of disorganised books and pens. But an awfully familiar (that shouldn’t be!) fireplace that she swore wasn't present in her room until now! But she was wrong. She wasn't in her room. When Callie craned around in surprise and horror, she found herself in Gryffindor's common room.

No, no, no, no. But Callie couldn't be wrong! This fireplace, the red velvet sofa she was lying on just five seconds ago, the red curtain outlined in gold having the Gryffindor emblem in gold outline. This couldn’t be a mistake. This was the Gryffindor's common room!

But how could this be possible? No. This shouldn’t be possible. This was probably just a dream. Yeah. That was right. Just a dream. And she would soon wake up from it.

Only it wasn’t. It wasn’t a dream. Everything was real. From what she could see, what she could smell, what she could feel. Everything was real.

Crap.

Her train of thought was abruptly interrupted by a voice asking her, "Who are you?"

Callie turned around quickly as though she was caught in the middle of a crime only to meet the gaze of someone she thought she would never meet; not in a million years.

It was Andrew Garfield in Gryffindor's robes, a wand in his hand pointed to her. No, wait. He wasn't Andrew Garfield, he was Remus Lupin!

Oh, my Merlin.

Behind him was Aaron Taylor-Johnson who was James Potter, Ben Barnes who was Sirius Black, and Dane Dehaan who was Peter Pettigrew.

Callie's eyes went even wider at the realisation. She wasn't just in the Harry Potter world, she was in the Marauders' timeline And the fan casts were a bullseye! How can this get any better?! Maybe if Andrew— or Remus, rather, lowered his wand?

Well, she couldn’t be really sure that he was Remus. But if she would refer to the fancasts, she could assume Andrew is Remus. Or whoever this person was standing in front of her. Oh my, wasn’t this confusing? 

"I asked a question, who are you?" Remus repeated, slowly taking a step towards her, bringing her back to the present—or past… well, shouldn’t it be—never mind. He snapped her out of her thoughts.

As a fight-or-flight response, Callie raised her hands, afraid that she would be hit by magic and never see the light of the day again. She hadn’t even professed her love for these men—assuming they were the Marauders—so she couldn’t die yet! But it was a wrong move. She just showed them the wand she was holding and the Marauder's map that was slowly becoming void of any ink.

The sight of the map alarmed the four. Didn’t they just see the map in their dorm room? How come an unfamiliar girl wearing the same Gryffindor robes as they had?! And how did she even know about the map to have it?! They could swear to Merlin, that none of them told a soul, alive or not, about it.

"How did you get the map?" Sirius raised his wand as well and pointed it at the girl. It doesn't matter if she could or couldn't fight them. What mattered was how she got the map that no one other than the four of them knew about.