xxx. boggart

Warm. Sunray. Callie assumed that was what hit her forehead and eye. Not liking the heat on her skin, she rolled over with a groan. In a way, she liked it though. As if she hadn't felt the warmth of the sun in days.

Huh...

Callie opened her eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the brightness showering her. Wow, her head was spinning and crushing altogether.

"Took you long enough," James spoke.

She lifted her head to see him. That didn't bode well with the headache. He wore a wide-toothed grin ear to ear while her puffy face tried to catch up.

"What time is it?" she asked, hiding her face with her arm. God, her head might just explode.

"Not sure." He didn't have any clock with him or any of them. "Might be noon already."

"Noon?!" Her arms were off her face and her eyes widened in surprise. For a moment, she forgot about the pounding in her head. "How long was I been out?" She wiped her eyes as she tried to sit up.

"I don't really carry a watch with me. Or any of us. But I think you've been out for almost a day."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Callie grunted and slammed her face on her palms again, rubbing her face. Here came the massive headache again.

"Where's everyone?" she asked.

"Outside. Moony, Padfoot, and Regulus are gathering our woods. Wormtail's preparing our lunch."

At the mention of lunch, Callie's stomach grumbled in her. James tried not to laugh but when a snort came out, he exploded in a fit of laughter. And her face was as red as his scarlet shirt.

"Stop it."

But James didn't. Not just yet. When all his laughs were out, he went to his side of the tent. "There's an apple outside if you want- where is that wand- found it."

He walked back to her and offered his hand. "Want to go out now?"

"Yes, please. I think I need sunlight."

James pulled Callie up. They both grunted in doing so. James headed straight outside whilst she stretched her whole body. Sleeping for a whole day left her sore, even on parts of her body she wouldn't normally feel it.

"I think I need water too." She'd guess a desert built up in her throat. And it showed through her chapped lips.

Callie almost regretted going out of the tent. As soon as the sunlight hit her eyes, she hissed like a monster and looked away, feet stepping back. That didn't bode very well with her headache.

"What? I thought you need sunlight." James fought the smile and ultimately failed.

"I thought so too." But she knew she could adjust to the blinding light. With her forearm as a shield, she walked outside, catching up to James.

It took her some seconds to be able to see with the brightness. She spotted Peter opening a can of beans.

"What do we have here?"

Her voice made Peter turn around with wide eyes. When his eyes registered that the girl standing before him is an awake Callie, he beamed a smile which she returned.

"You're awake." He sounded as if he said that more to himself than to her.

"I am."

"Welcome back." He heaved a quiet sigh with a smile.

"Thanks. I don't recommend sleeping for a day though. Bad for the head- ow." A pound hit her on her right temple when she said that.

"Don't worry, Sirius' brother's good with potions. Maybe he can make you anything for your head."