+CALL ME DADDY-

"Don't call me."

The order Monday gave was a challenging one for Kenneth. He wished to live every moment until her arrival with her.

He was ecstatic. He had Bradley make all the flight arrangements. All Monday I had to do was present herself with a valid passport at the airline's company counter.

"Gosh, I can't believe you're going to the U.S."

"Trust me, Ben, neither can I."

Luce had a late shift; hence, she couldn't accompany Monday to the airport, but she had Ben.

Her relationship with Kenneth wasn't a secret, but most people in the industry didn't know. Those who did didn't care enough to make any noise. They weren't actors or reality TV moguls, but still, the couple stayed discreet. Only Ben found their romance swoon-worthy.

"Wow, you're really going to at his place, right?"

"Yes."

"Where did you say he lives?" Ben asked.

"Central Park."

Ben whistled, "One can't expect less from Mr. Mosely. He has that type of Modjo."

"You can say that again. Look at me rushing to his side like some love-crazed protagonist of my stories."

Ben laughed, "Monday, there's nothing wrong with being head over heels. Why do I feel you're still fighting your feelings?"

Monday couldn't say she feared being taken for a fool. Luce's words still rang in her head, "Fear is good sometimes. It can mean you hold on to him." For Monday, it was worse. Holding on also meant she was afraid to lose Kenneth.

"I'm not fighting. It's just been like forever since I've felt like this about someone. It's overwhelming and confusing. I feel like a triple dunce." Monday would have added; I don't want to be the only one feeling like this if she didn't think it was childish.

"Listen, Monday, don't overthink it. Live your present; don't even torture yourself by reflecting on the future. It will only confuse you even more. Enjoy your time with him."

Monday nodded. They had reached her gate.

"Thank you for supporting me, Ben."

"You're welcome," Ben hugged her. "And remember, enjoy your time together."

Monday smiled and queued at her gate. Kenneth didn't economize on the means, Monday thought as she settled in her first-class seat fifteen minutes later. It was the first time Monday had a chair that allowed her to stretch her legs. The flight took off; Monday wasn't one to stress over it. Her anxiety was for something else.

"Would you like some champagne, madame?"

"No, thank you. Eh, can I use my computer on-air plane mode?"

"Oh, there's no need. You can use the wifi."

Monday's eyes grew wide, "I can?"

"Yes, the service is included," the steward said with a smile.

"Okay, thank you," Monday took out her computer. It was an opportunity she could miss and a way of not thinking of Kenneth. She started to write, but her mind couldn't escape her beau. Monday gave up. She tucked away her computer and left herself to drift into the scenarios of her stay in New York her mind conjured.

Monday realized she didn't know much about Kenneth. The man had a strange way of making u-turns in conversations that always brought the subject back to Monday. Apart from the fact that Kenneth hated smoking and he was obsessed with his job, Monday was clueless about what made the man tick. She invested herself with the mission to find out. Kenneth was bound to let loose at one point or another during her stay.