Chapter 2

Of all things beautiful, including the man in front of me, this was definitely not what I was expecting.

"Ethan?" Did I forget to mention it was my freaking boss in front of me? Oh well.

"You look beautiful Amber." He smiled and I blushed.

"Why are you here? I mean, not that you're not welcome or anything, because you're always welcome here but I was actually waiting for my date and then you came and-"

He laughed and I blushed even harder. He seems to think my embarrassment is amusing. Oh joy.

"I take it Mandy hasn't told you yet?" He asked. It was clear as daylight that he found me utterly amusing, judging by the teasing glint in his eyes.

I turned to look at Mandy who was covering her mouth to stop the laugh from coming. I raised an eyebrow and she cleared her throat.

"I may have asked Ethan to be your date" she smiled sheepishly and I glared at her.

"Uh.... How do you two know each other?" I asked, confused, pointing at the two of them.

"Her boyfriend's my brother." Ethan calmly replied.

"How long have you known that Ethan was my boss?" I asked Mandy with brows furrowed.

"Last week" she chirped.

"Yeah at that time Mandy was planning a blind date for you and asked me to be the date and I accepted" Huh, makes sense that Mandy would pick my freakin boss to be my date.

"Okay!" Mandy clapped happily "Now that that's cleared, get your asses out of here and be on with your night!" She pushed me, roughly might I add, and I landed ungracefully in the arms of Ethan. Oh joy.

He chuckled at my flustered face and I smiled sheepishly. I straightened and waved at Mandy who was waving like a maniac.

"It seems that she's the one more excited on this date." I mused.

"At least she'll enjoy imagining what's going to happen tonight." He played along and we laughed.

The elevator dinged and opened to reveal the lobby and we stepped outside. A red Aston Martin was already parked outside and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Trying to impress me are we?" I teased and I had the pleasure to see him blush.

"Is my date impressed then?" He regained composure almost quickly.

"And if I said I wasn't?" I asked as he opened the door for me and I climbed in. He ran to the driver seat and buckled his seatbelt before leaning closer to me and whisper,

"Well, you're gonna be in for a night then." He smirked. I was lost in those grayish eyes of his and I almost forgot he said something. His gaze dropped to my parted lips and I felt my breath hitch.

Holy smokes, is he gonna kiss me or not?

He tucked a stray lock of hair in my ear and caressed my cheek. He leaned in closer and lightly brushed his lips against mine. I barely felt the feather-like touch he gave me and I craved for more but it was going to have to wait until the end of the night.

I opened my eyes and saw he was staring at me with an intensity that burned in me. I ducked my head and untucked a lock of hair to try and hide my blush. He chuckled and held my hand as he drove around the bustling traffic in New York.

We arrived at the restaurant in record time and was ushered to our table. It was secluded, perfect for some privacy. Once we were seated I shrugged off my coat which revealed my dress. Ethan's jaw was slightly dropped and I giggled using my forefinger to tap his chin and say,"That's very ungentlemanly, dear" I giggled again and made myself comfortable in my chair. He cleared his throat and seated himself as well.