6.

NOVEMBER

The first month of being with the Denali passed like a flash.

While Jasper and I still continued feeling guilty over our actions, those weren't ruling us anymore. Jasper slowly regained his confidence about his control, Alice always by his side, supporting him like always.

Me? I had gained two friends in Eleazar and Carmen. They both helped me to be confident on my curse, on my gift. With Eleazar's help, I slowly understood that it was my fear of it which activated it.

My family still supported me when I'd retreat back, but I could see the relief in their eyes when they realized I wasn't returning to my old ways, to the shell I was, without talking, without looking at them.

Alice's vision about me was coming true. I was starting to feel like a normal vampire.

We were the highlight of the first month, our progress.

By the end October, I was already talking normally to my family.

By November, I began to practice my gift.

~8~

"Very well, you're going to compel me now"

"Are you serious?"

"Deadly, precious"

"Make him dance" Carmen let out a soft laugh as she sat in a bench just outside the Denali house. I looked at the amused smile in her face, "I've tried to teach him to dance for ages. He's simply too serious for it"

Eleazar was pacing in front of me, hands behind his back as he tried to convince me to use my ability on him. Jasper and Alice were sitting next to Carmen, hands clasped together and Alice resting her head on Jasper's shoulder.

From where I stood, I could practically sense the smirk playing on Jasper's lips. "Ooh, you're afraid, aren't you, Liz?"

The way he taunted me let everyone know that it wasn't fear what I was feeling. He knew I could do this, I knew I could do this without forcing Eleazar to accidentally hurt himself.

I needed a push, and Jasper knew exactly what to say.

Without looking at my brother, I raised the middle finger to his direction.

The laugh that left his lips alongside Alice's giggle and Carmen's light chuckle made my own lips twitch in amusement as I turned to face the unamused stare of Eleazar.

I raised my arms in innocence. "Ready?"

"Are you?" Eleazar countered.

Without a response, I allowed my eyes meet his, both of our eyes clouding gray. I had worked the past month into making it that way, not let the energy of the compulsion increase. If I let it increase for long periods of time before I used it, it became slower for me to get rid of it once I finished talking.

"You love dancing" I spoke sweetly, my voice echoing in my ears and Eleazar's as my command settled in his head, his back straightening slightly. "You're going to invite Carmen to an exotic dance for the next two minutes"

I kept eye contact for the time my voice finished echoing, the clouding of his eyes slowly fading but remaining at the size of his pupils before I broke eye contact. I felt the cloud of my eyes leaving, the way I saw the world no longer as if it was cloudy.

When I looked up again, Eleazar was blinking, his eyes back to the golden shade we all were used to.

"So?" Alice asked, leaning forward with a beaming smile, her eyes sparkling. "Did it work?"

Jasper chuckled under his breath, placing his forehead next to her, whispering at her ear, "As if you don't know the answer to that, doll"

Alice giggled as Eleazar began to make his way toward an amused Carmen as she smiled slightly.

"What is it, El?" Carmen asked coyly.

Eleazar paused, blinking at her. "I want to dance" I covered my mouth, stifling a surprised chuckle. Alice and Carmen smiled. Jasper looked unfazed, he always had faith on my abilities. He knew very well they worked all the time. "I love it"

"You don't like to dance" Carmen countered, pursing her lips to stop her growing smile. "I always have to beg for you to dance with me"

"Not anymore, preciosa" Eleazar told her, smoothly. [Beautiful]. We all paused in surprise at the way the serious, calm guy spoke to her as he offered her his hand. "Would you like to dance?"

"Oh, Dios Mío" Carmen murmured, seemingly flustered, placing a hand in her chest before accepting her mate's hand with the other. [Oh, my God]. She looked toward me, chuckling. "Fabulous gift"

Before either of us could say something, Eleazar twirled Carmen to himself and once chest to chest, he pulled her down in a dip, slowly pulling her up. All the while, her mouth was agape in awe.

"I've always told her that" Jasper called out, smugly. "I don't know why you're so surprised, Liz"

"Exactly how I saw this happening" Alice clapped her hands together, smiling brightly as she leaned back to Jasper who let her cuddle down on his side while he smirked at me.

For the two minutes he was supposed to be compelled, both Eleazar and Carmen danced until he blinked, shaking his head.

"I see it worked" Eleazar commented, seeing the lovely smile of his mate as he held one of her hands and his other was on her lower back.

"You don't remember this?" I asked, alarmed.

He was supposed to remember. Everyone did.

Eleazar didn't answer.

Only when Carmen began to laugh, hiding her face on his chest did I realize Eleazar wasn't answering because he was embarrassed.

~8~

November passed with me finally talking to my family normally, only when I felt the pull of my eyes which was mostly my gift wanting to act up, did I shut up, took a few seconds to shove aside the urge to compel and interact with them like I've always wanted to.

November was the happy month.

For exactly one month, I forgot Edward wasn't with us. That he was suffering. That there was a human we wished for her to continue being alive for his sake.

It was almost the end of November when Alice came to us, frantic by a vision.

Bella freaking Swan apparently couldn't live her life without endangering it.