III. To the mountain of the sun

AN: Not me making this an unintentional slow slow burn. Sorry bout it. I promise Jake x OC is what this fic is going to be 😂

I awoke in a cold sweat
4:32 am
Damn it! My anxiety woke me up every hour. And every hour it'd keep repeating how unprepared I was and how I had no idea what I was doing, the imposter syndrome had its hooks in me good.

8:30 am
My alarm screamed at me to wake up, just as I had fallen back asleep for the thirtieth time. Sighing, I turned my alarm off, checking the socials as I was trying to wake myself up. It was odd to think that in just a few hours I'd be a part of something that would be put into the world and seen by thousands.

As I picked out an outfit Clara texted me to confirm the address and time, always one to be prepared. I smiled knowing I'd have at least one person there that I knew, if I had to truly go it alone my anxiety would have never let me sleep.

Fittings started at 9:30 am (probably a tiny bit later depending on how late the boys were) so I had scheduled enough time to get coffee, get to the studio and get everything ready before they'd get there. I just needed to remember to breathe.

I picked out a standard crew outfit, all black with a little bit of personal flair. I was the costume designer after all. A black sheer button up with a black bralette under it, a softly structured blazer, some cuffed skinny jeans, and a lightly heeled black combat boot. Some layered crystal pendant necklaces with silver crescent moon hoops and my trusty sunglasses were the finishing touches as I headed out the door. Four garment bags piled in my arms.

8:50 am

I pulled into the parking garage, as the security guard waved me through. I parked and sighed. 'Its going to be fine, just breathe' I thought to myself. I put my coffee on the hood of the car as I slung my sewing/wardrobe bag over my shoulder and the. picked up the multiple garment bags. My hands were full and as I reached for my coffee everything threatened to fall, but I'd be damned if I had to make a second trip.

The studio was massive, it had a huge glass window entrance and as I got through the lobby I could feel the nerves hit my stomach. I had been here the day before to set up but it still didn't quite feel real. As I rounded the corner to the dressing rooms my precarious carrying situation started slipping a bit. I laughed inwardly knowing at least I'd not embarrass myself in front of the guys because they'd surely be late.

Danny's garment bag started sliding more and more as I walked, I must have looked ridiculous trying to save it without spilling my coffee over everything. Just as all hope was lost a mass of red curls popped out of the dressing room door.

"Do you need help with that!?" Clara said running down the hallway towards me. She was a bubbly redheaded angel. And earlier than I thought she'd be, bless her.

"Thank you! I thought I had it but man they weigh a ton with all the beading!" I said as she saved Danny's bag from its slow decent to the floor.
"Always trying to make it in one trip" she laughed shaking her head at my stubbornness.
"Two trips are for losers!" I said joining her laughing.
"So, hows it looking?" I asked

"Not bad, mostly everything is set up. I brought some waters and some snacks for us because I know how you forget to eat. And I've found a place sans fire detectors or sprinklers to plug in the steamer. All in all I'd say we are on top of it."

" No, you're on top of it! Thank you for being amazing" I said

"It's why I get paid the big bucks." She laughed.
We got to the dressing rooms, which was really series of rooms. A massive green room with a kitchenette, a couch, a couple chairs, and a mirrored corner for fittings. Next to that was a short hallway leading to the four dressing rooms.