15

a/n: some slightly mature content coming ;)

not detailed or anything mostly just implied but I'll clarify at the end!

Elijah's POV

Eli was laying on his bed, texting Luke about what he had been up to when he heard knocking at his door. He frowned, looking at the 2 AM time.

It was probably Porter, he hadn't contacted him since the concert.

He opened the door to Carter, his eyebrows raising. His eyes ran down her body, taking note of her oversized t-shirt and black shorts peeking out.

He wanted to die when he remembered the Pokemon pyjama pants and black t-shirt he was wearing.

At least he didn't wear the matching t-shirt that said: "GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL."

Carter's eyes flashed down to his pants and she smiled at the pop culture reference. 

"Reminds me of how we met," she said, referencing her police chase at the hands of Pokemon go.

He couldn't help but let a smile grace his face at the memory. 

"Yeah," He said, "Thank God for Pokemon." 

Her mouth turned up at his comment.

He noticed she had a pillow in her hand, looking at it questionably before she spoke:

"Can I sleep here?"

His eyebrows raised "Why?"

"I haven't slept a wink; Della keeps kicking me in her sleep. I can sleep on the floor, that's why I brought my pillow."

"Shut up, Carter." Eli rolled his eyes."You can sleep on the bed." 

She looked past him into the room, eyeing the big bed.

"You have one bed though?" She questioned.

"So?" He said, challenging her.

"Fine." She trailed into his room and he locked the door before following her to his bed.

She turned on the lamp next to the bed so the room was illuminated slightly and laid down under the duvet.

Eli flopped down next to her, almost touching her. She turned on her side, away from him.

He went back to texting Luke in silence, except for the constant clicking of his iMessage keyboard. He tilted his phone away from the girl in his bed just in case she saw their stupid conversation:

 He tilted his phone away from the girl in his bed just in case she saw their stupid conversation:

"Can you turn that off?" Carter cut in after 30 seconds of click-click-click-click.

"No," He said. He didn't even care, he just wanted to be annoying.

"Turn it off," she repeated.

"No."

"Eli!" She turned around to glare at him.