Chapter II

When everyone was ready the Iris Messages started back up. In the shadows, a man in a black outfit stood. Everyone was on the edge of their seats wondering who this mystery man was. The man walked out of the shadows and picked up Persephone, while simultaneously removing his hood. The gods all looked at him closely, recognizing him, but not knowing who exactly he was. This man was not an ordinary person, he wasn't human nor god. But a titan. The demigods freaked out. While the gods connected the dots, palling when they realized who it was. Atlas, the titan of Endurance and Strength, general of Kronos's armies and his 2nd in command. Uproars raged from the council as the Iris Message confirmed who they assumed it to be. They screamed and shouted how Atlas had escaped his burden and what to do. The demigods including Zoe who had faced Atlas paled. Atlas was a formidable foe in battle, and Persephone had no way to defend herself. Zoe was curious though, what would her 'father' do to the young demigod maiden. Condemned to hold the sky for eternity, managed to escape his burden temporarily, luring foolish mortals to the mountain to hold the sky while Atlas was free to roam. While roaming, he came across the confrontation between the hellhounds and the daughter of Poseidon. Curious, he went over to investigate, finding the girl abandoned in the middle of the park, alone. Gently he picked up the girl and vanished to Mt. Othrys, created a crater in the ground and jumped into it. The gods and demigods who realized where the crater led were scared for the girl.

"Where does that lead?" Percy asked. He already knew the answer, he just wanted it confirmed to make sure. No one wanted to answer him till Annabeth finally spoke.

One word was all it took. "Tartarus," she whispered. Sally looked horrified. Percy was gripping Annabeth trying to forget his own memories in the place. The demigods and gods looked nervous. A demigod in Tartarus, what would the titans do to her. Poseidon looked the worst. He was gripping his trident so hard, that if it were anything else, it would have been snapped in half, a while ago.

"What will they do to her?" Sally asked.

Athena answered, "we don't know. But the titans know about the prophecy so they might try to turn her into a weapon. They might have been training her to be the child of the prophecy." Athena, who had been taking many notes, was trying to put multiple pieces together at once in her mind.

When Atlas reached the bottom of the pit, he checked on the bundle in his arms. Once he made sure she was okay, he walked deeper into the pit, towards his family, where they resided in a replica of the Black Fortress.

"Please don't tell me..." Percy spoke. The room was in understanding, from reading the previous books they read how many enemies Percy had made out of the titans. Heads turned toward Atlas as he arrived at the Black Fortress.

What are you doing here Atlas?" Iapetus asked, noticing him first. "How are you free of your burden?" Percy, Annabeth, and Nico glanced at each other. Iapetus or Bob had helped them on multiple accounts.

"I tricked the foolish mortals into temporarily holding the sky and I found this child while roaming around."

"A child?" Hyperion questioned. The titans looked at him confused. Iapetus walked over and gently took Persephone from Atlas's arms.

"Why have you taken a daughter of Poseidon?" Hyperion looked over, before stealing Persephone from Iapetus' arms.

"I found her after her family abandoned her to die, after a hellhound attack." With these words Sally broke into silent tears. Percy was internally panicking. Poseidon was in silent rage. He wanted to know what these titans wanted with his daughter and what their plans were. The gods wondered what they would do with her, but also why they were being so kind to her.

"What are we going to do with her?" Krios asked. Jason grit his teeth together, he remembered Krios well.

"We can raise her. Train her. Teach her" Iapetus said. None of the titans objected to the idea. The room was frozen, not in fear, but shock. These titans wanted to raise her, they were acting like she was their daughter they were going to raise.

"It wouldn't hurt to raise her," Koios said, after a few minutes of silence. The titans were silent, until Hyperion spoke, "We can raise her, train her. It wouldn't hurt or do anything against us." They looked at each other before they all agreed.

"We'll do it. We'll raise her as our own." Iapetus, Atlas, Hyperion, Krios, Koios, Lelantos, Perses, Pallas, and Oceanus looked at each other after a few minutes of silence. Hyperion finally spoke, "Yes, we'll raise her, train her, treat her like our own. It wouldn't hurt or cause any harm against us." They looked at each other, before silently agreeing. Everyone in the room was shocked. The titans wanted to raise a demigod child.

"What?!!" Poseidon screamed. "What do they want to do with her?" Olympus was shaking, waves roaring, earth shaking, with no end in sight. The gods screamed at Poseidon to calm down, but he couldn't hear anything. All Poseidon knew was that his only mortal daughter was being raised by one of the gods' worst enemies.

"Father, father, stop!!" Triton yelled, running into the hurricane surrounding his father. Poseidon finally calmed down with a lot of effort on Trition's behalf.. The seas calmed, the earth stopped shaking, and soon everyone was back to normal, except for the damage done to all of earth. Poseidon started shaking, tears running down his face. Amphitrite and Triton went over to comfort him.

"Let's see what happens," Artemis spoke, breaking the silence.

Gently they took Persephone and walked into the Black Fortress. The place was dark as night, with long twisted stairways leading to the upper levels of the fortress. The titans walked through the fortress when a voice rang through their minds.

"What is this? A child? A daughter of Poseidon, no less." The voice, soft, quiet, but curious and dark.

"Brother," Oceanus, Iapetus, Hyperion, Krios, and Koios spoke in sync.