3) Set Of Empty Bones

The most curious thing about school is that all of these students are different from each other. They have different minds, different ways of thinking, different habits and different lives. They sound all homogeneous right now, but they work differently.

Though they all move in sync and follow the herd. I guess it's like a jungle, one takes control, takes the crown, and everyone's down on their knees adulating them. It's strange because they're not just empty heads. They're not sets of empty bones, they do have a brain and it is supposed to react in its own way at each event.

That's what's confusing, if they don't have a leading lion they can't make up their own mind, and they just seem meaningless and empty.

Of course there were exceptions, for example there was me. I wasn't going to be that kind, but sadly I was more of a victim, not a leader nor a slave. Just... me.

I kept walking the path to my locker, bag on my shoulder, my notebook in my hands. I felt someone yank me and a pair of hands knocked my notebook down.

"Oops." a random girl said, between giggles and walked away, mumbling something to her two friends behind her. They laughed, they were laughing at me.

"Bye, weirdo." one of the other girls giggled out.

Nothing new. I got used to it, being bullied etcetera. One of the main reasons why I didn't like the real world, it's too complicated, and people look for easy targets. You don't survive if you're weak.

I sighed and tried to calm myself down, but as I went to lean down and pick up my notebook, an unfamiliar voice stopped me.

"Don't do that!" it was a masculine voice. I looked up to see a short, tan skinned guy with freckles, dark hair and big brown eyes standing a few steps away from me. He looked very pissed.

The girls weren't walking anymore, they turned to look at us.

"And you, say that again asshole!" he said, in an angry tone, to the girl that called me weirdo. Her mouth hung open in surprise, but then the corner of her lips formed a devilish smirk.

"Otherwise?" she teased, and I could see the guy tense up. He was taking deep breaths, trying to contain his anger. Everyone in the hallway was looking at us in silence by now.

Why was he so upset? I tried again to pick up my notebook, but he stopped me once again.

"Don't do that" he repeated, not breaking eye contact with the girl. If looks could kill, that girl would be drop dead right now.

"She's gonna pick it up and also apologize." the guy said, causing the girl to laugh. She ran her fingers through her black, short hair and took a few steps towards us.

"Again: Otherwise?" the girl repeated with such a confidence.

"Otherwise all the school may get a certain information on a certain someone and they may happen to be you." he sassed. Smart move, seems that he had struck a nerve. The girl huffed and walked to me with pure rage in her eyes. She bent down and grabbed the notebook, handing it to me harshly.

Then she just stormed off, the other girls following behind. I stood up and looked over at the guy. What had just happened?

"Thank you for sticking up for-" I tried to say but he stormed off as well.

Fine then, I thought to myself.

I don't know who he was nor why he helped me, but it was a nice thing I guess.

-

I was currently sitting in my bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering about that special world. I was still trying to figure what was in it, what was it all about, but I guess I needed to be patient.

"Lynn, did you take your pills?" my mum asked, snapping me out of my trance, and I shook my head slightly.

She sighed and reached for the box of pills in her pocket. Then she took the bottle of water next to my bed and my cup from my bedside table. She poured the water in the cup and handed me one pill.

"You know you need it." she said as I half groaned.

I forcefully shoved the pills into my mouth, then accepted the cup and drank all the water it contained, swallowing hard and cringing at the bitter taste. Two pills, one against depression, and the other one against insomnia. As if it was going to change anything. That metallic taste wasn't going to leave my throat and tongue for a while...

my mum told me goodnight and kissed the top of my head, right before turning the light off and leaving the room.

I felt my mind blur, and everything was clouded again. The pills started to have an effect on me as I drifted myself to sleep. Though I couldn't stop thinking about the rabbit that kept infesting my dreams.

Speak of the devil, he appeared again, in my sleep, but it felt so real. too real to be fake.

This is not just all in your head.

-

A/N: You can esily guess who the guy was.

Hope you liked the chapterrr! x