Memories

This chapter  will be a flashback  of when Haylen came to the castle.  Leave a comment if you like the story :)

Haylen looked around the castle, it was so big he was worried about getting lost. He was lucky that he got sold as a personal servant rather than a pleasure slave. He shuddered as the memories assaulted him. 'think happy thoughts' he told himself. They dressed him in something fancy to look presentable to the king and queen. They continued to straighten his hair, and put makeup on the bruises he got from his last master. He was nervous and excited to meet the king and the queen. He was going to be the prince's personal servant, but he was on a hunting trip so he wouldn't meet him for now.

He turned around when he heard the clicking of high heels on the marble floor. He was greeted with the sight of a handsome older man and a breathtaking beautiful woman, he assumed this was the king and queen. He bowed politely in greeting. They didn't say anything for a long time just stared at him.

"He's a pretty one isn't he" the queen said, it sounded like a question that wasn't meant to be answered. "He is quite breathtaking" the king answered, the king's answer scared him, in his last master's home he was abused, the master's son use to take care of him, he was the only nice one to him then one day he betrayed his trust and raped him; he shut down completely after that, he was never the same again. He trusted no one.

"You do know what your job is, don't you?" the queen questioned, he nodded his head in reply "When our son comes in 2 days you will have to serve his every need, do you understand?"
"Yes ma'am."

"Since he's not here I will put you on kitchen duty for now, you can get to work, have dinner ready in a hour" with that last statement they were gone.

He opened the door to the kitchen and walked into total chaos. There were people shouting at each other, plates and pans scattered everywhere, it looked like a battlefield.

"she's sick she can't cook"

"Well we have to get her there's no other way, the food won't be cooked in time unless she's here"

"But she's sick"the two men continued to argue until finally somebody screamed.

"Does anybody know how to cook?!" everyone went silent, not a single person moved or spoke. Haylen slowly raised his hand as everyone turned to look at him, he blushed at all the attention.

"Who are you?" one of the men questioned.

"My name is Haylen"

"Do you have experience?" He was silent for a while before replying.

"Yes"

"Well everybody, Haylen is going to cook the meal whatever he says goes do you got that" all the heads nodded in unison. "Okay let's do this!"

Haylen tied his hair up in a messy bun ready to get started. There was a lot of shouting and panicking but in the end Haylen managed to get everything cooked with the help of everyone.

The servers put on their uniforms and hurried to serve the food to the king, queen and the knights. After everything was served, everyone relaxed. Haylen let go a breathe he didn't know he was holding. About 10 minutes later one of the servers, Sebastian came in "The queen wants to see the person that cooked the meal" he announced, everyone looked to Haylen with a look of sympathy. He took a deep breath and followed Sebastian.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about" Sebastian spoke for the first time

"How do you know?"

"Well I don't but all we can do is hope, if that doesn't work you can always get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness" Haylen smiled for the first time since he got to the castle. "Thank you" he whispered to Sebastian.

"No problem, it was a honor to meet you" Sebastian smiled.

"You too" Haylen replied with his own smile.

They finally reached the door to the dining room.

"good luck" Sebastian said and with that Haylen watched Sebastian leave. He pushed open the door and walked to the dining room table "You asked for me your majesty" the queen and king looked up surprised.

"Well aren't you full of surprises" the queen said. "We called you to compliment you on this delicious food"

"Thank you ma'am, the pleasure was all mine" the queen smiled.

"That's all thank you" Haylen bowed as he left.

As he entered the Kitchen he was surrounded with people asking different questions at the same time.

"What did she want" Sebastian asked as it got quiet.

"Nothing really she just complimented my food" everyone gasped like he just told a precious secret.

"Do you know how rare that is, she hasn't complimented anyone in like 5 years"

"Oh my gosh"Haylen exclaimed, he had no idea.

"well she doesn't just walk around giving compliments to just anybody, that food must of tasted wonderful"

When Jonathan got back from his hunting trip he heard the story of the amazing cook that got his mom to give her first compliment in 5 years. He was very interested to meet this person.

If only he knew...........

A/N- this chapter is edited.